How are we all spending our free time now?

Hey all- Long time lurker, first time posting. For the other folks who just sat L1 this past weekend: I can see from the abundance of “I feel guilty not studying” threads that I’m not alone in feeling very, very odd in coming home from work and not picking up a textbook. What are you guys doing to chisel away at what feels like a HUGE amount of free time? For me, in no particular order… 1) Making sure my day job gets done [to a better degree than it has been for the past three months…] 2) Catching up on a stack of books/netflix movies/magazines that have sat untouched for a while 3) Talking to all the friends I feel like I have basically ignored [short of them coming up to me with blood spurting from a stumpy arm and screaming ‘DUDE YOU HAVE TO HELP ME’] 4) Worrying to hell that I’m going to have to re-sit lvl 1 5) Worrying to hell that I passed lvl 1 and should be studying for lvl2, but hesitant to go out and get the books until I know for sure. -supersadface

Ditto on just about everything you said. 1. Working on 2010 forecasts/budgets as well as trying to make our entire 2009 numbers in the month of December. I was in the office Mon - Thurs last week before taking Friday off and there was an understanding not to bother me and for the most part everyone complied. On Monday I apologized to a couple coworkers and thanked them for putting up with me for the past couple of weeks/months before the test. 2. I’ve got some stuff on dvr to watch. 3. I had lunch with a buddy today that I’ve been ignoring for a month. He’s all like, “I hate my fiancee and we fight all the time.” I told him marriage is tough and it isn’t going to get any easier. I busted out the, “It’s not too late to back out.” line but he’s probably going to go thru with it. 4. Word. 5. I’ve experienced a little guilt by not having anything to study but I have enjoyed the free time and I’m not worried about missing the opportunity to be studying for Level 2 right now. If I pass Level 1 I will be so happy and ready to hit the Level 2 books so I am enjoying this time off.

sadface, Im with you on the 4 and 5. 1. Playing online monopoly with workmates 2. Started a blog 3. Catching up on my reading 4. Horror movies 5. Work politics takes up half my day

Where are you playing online monopoly? All the games sites I know are blocked for work, but I would happily bribe every IT person I know to play some monopoly. I LOVES me some monopoly.

1. Can’t seem to concentrate at work. plus my bodyclock is pretty screwed up from my study habits last week (took a week off, was study at night and sleeping in the day) 2) Spending my early nights after work watching eps of tv shows that i’ve missed 3) I’m making my weekend plans right now! will involve lots of shopping, talking and eating :slight_smile: 4) Ditto 5) Not worrying about L2 yet…

supersadface, we’re playing it on pogo games. it is awesome, and we bet on who wins, and its a far cry from cramming at home and hyper ventilating at the thought of sitting in an exam hall all blanked out. everyone is catching up on tv shows, but I never missed out on any eps. Now I’m stuck because hardly any new eps are coming out at this time of the year, so I’m opting for movies instead.

1. catching up tv show episodes that i missed these couple weeks 2. run DVD marathon absolutely 3. start reading comics and novels again >> haven’t done this since start studying on July 4. hanging out on weekend again, finally! 5. get some massage & spa, i think my body also screwed up

I got my self a week long certificate for a full body Swedish massage

sundusg_ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 4. Horror movies Anything good? Please share…

hawgdriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sundusg_ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > 4. Horror movies > > Anything good? Please share… Vacany

Spending more time playing with 16mo son, learning Schubert’s Wanderer-Fantasie (Allegro) on piano, reading the Flight graphic novel and also a novel.

Congrats (belated) on the newborn, hawg.

Thinking of moving from UK to a country where government doesn’t get 70% of bonuses.

Are they laffing at you? hehehe

hawg! Im watching the old ones really, this one I watched from 2009 was awesome though…its called (dont laugh - i know everybody hated this movie) Jennifers Body. But the one I will really recmomend is Orphan. It is not a horror movie really, but it still scares you and it is quite unpredictable, definitely worth a watch. Paranormal Activity is next on my list

Was excited at first (had TV, PC, and X-Box going all at THE SAME TIME the day after the exam). Then I started feeling guilty/anxious about results and starting doing some questions. After that I felt like a complete tool and went out and bought Call of Duty 4. Now all is right with the world.

Just got three books from borders…

i i i i i am chillin…

I’m actually haveing trouble going to bed. My body clock is ALL screwed up, I was staying up and waking up early for the CFA, I think I was running on adrenaline alone… and now i’ve nothing!!! and my body is not happy

Philly! Ditto. Except I used to squeeze in afternoon naps, and now I can’t because I’m back at work…it sucks.