Would Appreciate some advice

I failed Level 1 again after a pretty hefty time commitment. The horrifying aspect of this failure is the fact that I did not do much better than I did the first time around. ie. I did better in FSA in Test 2, did worse in Quant in Test 2. Embarrassingly, I got splattered on Deriv/Alt/Corp Fin/Equity/Quant. Wondering now if I have long term memory deficiencies. I think I have a lot of problems with rote memorization. I do fine in the short term but after months the knowledge just evaporates. I studied with a used set of 2008 Stalla notes and I think that my capability to absorb the condensed writing and intuitively integrate it into my mental model has been rather limited. Besides the obvious, I am trying to pinpoint my considerable preparation failings. It is quite clear to me that 1. ran out of time to do enough practice problems. 2. Underlining rather than taking real notes. 3. I should have perhaps used more supplementary material I am considering a class of some sort but really am not sure if even that would help much relative to its cost. Buy Flashcards? Buy Qbank? I have some well written, “intuitive” type guides to Arbitrage, Stats, and probability that I am considering on reading. With just four months and a week left, I have the choice of sitting for the Dec. exam or June. I might be taking another big risk with time commitment and focus w/o results if I sit for Dec. Would appreciate any constructive advice. Thanks.