1 Month Left! What to do now

I just finished all the Schweser books this past weekend so now I have one month for review… What do you guys suggest? My thoughts: 1 week on FRA 1 week Ethics/Quant 1 week econ/fixed income/derivatives every weekend take one full practice exam What do you think? What is everyone else doing?

I have last years Elan 11th hour, maybe I’ll just go through that? I find reading a program like that much less stressful than jumping around trying to figure different things out with no structure… Where is everyone else in their studies?

I’m doing all the EOC questions from the CFAI books. So far, 79% in FRA, 83% in Econ and 89% in Ethics (weighting for the number of questions in each reading). After finishing with the EOC questions, I’m planning on taking the Elan exams and the CFAI mock exam. I’ve also bought the Eleventh Hour Guide, but haven’t opened it yet.

I intend to complete at least 70% of the schweser QB, take the ethics quiz of the CFAI, as well as the 6 Schweser practice tests. At the same time I’ll emphasize on the most difficult part of the exam, which is deferred tax assets/liabilities and leases. Maybe I’m overstudying but I don’t have anything else to do since I am unemployed.

deferred tax assets/liabilities and leases I agree in the first part, leases it’s not that difficult.

Do focus on retention management. It becomes quite a problem on exam day.

6 practice exams from schweser and 2 mocks from CFAI. thats all I got going on this month…

Ok…I’m freaking out. Im still at college and never thought I’d leave the studying this late. As it is…I’m still studying the schweser guide’s. If im lucky I’ll have enough time to maybe try and take a peek at the mock exams. Registered late…and uni just sort’ve made it impossible to stick to a schedule what with midterms and finals and senior year. I’m seriously regretting it because I know chances of passing are slim now…and like i couldve spent this time on working on my senior project. Anyone on here considering uni alongside for june-take it from me and wait it out. Good luck to everyone else. Quick question- Will it affect my resume or the actual certificate if I retake it in june?

BayStreet Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 6 practice exams from schweser and 2 mocks from > CFAI. thats all I got going on this month… I think you should cut that in half at least. Use the mocks to figure out where you are weak and then study those areas. Doing only practice exams IMO just identifies areas of strength/weakness and you aren’t learning anything. You still have a lot of time to improve and not simply refine test-taking skills.

Not at all! liv_88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- . > > Quick question- Will it affect my resume or the > actual certificate if I retake it in june?

I am selling the Elan Eleventh Hour Guide and Schweser Flashcards if someone wants help with studying in the last month. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260688865750 (Please delete if this breaks forum rules)

I just finished one of Elan’s 120 questions exams and scored 65.52%. the say anything above 65% is quite good, but I don’t see it. I feel I’m VERY green in many areas. Ethics…75% (Around 90% in EOC questions) Quantitative M…71.43% Economics…75% FRA…50% (After getting an average 79% in CFAI EOC…) Corp. Finance…60% Portfolio M…66.66% Equity…50% Fixed Inc…71.43% Derivatives…100% (a total mirage due to the few questions there are) Alternative Inv…50%

Which mock was this?

amalj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which mock was this? The first one from Elan. The first question is about a guy called Phil Jones who is researching about Alpha One Inc. I did just the first 120 questions. Now I’m reviewing everything but ethics, quant and econ and then taking the next 120 questions.