In hindsight, what prep provider or study plan worked

I am wondering what method worked for you guys? If you were using a prep provider how helpful did you find it. and why? In hindsight how would you approach level1, would you read more? from CFAI materials or from a prep provider? or would you read less and focus more on doing practice questions and sample exams?

Does it matter? Just do it.

It depends on what my result is. If I pass, Ill highly recommend my prep provider. If I fail, I will blame them. Ask me in six weeks.

I used Elan’s ultimate pack mostly and used the curriclum for the practice problems, summaries and glossaries. I didn’t see anything on the exam that wasn’t covered so I was happy with my prep plan. This is how I studied: Started in May and studied a total of 350 hours. They recommend jotting down notes while watching the lectures so I did that. I also took notes in the margins of the 11th hour guide because I had heard that there is a lot of material to retain so I wanted it all in one place when I did my review. Scored in the 80’s in most mocks. I also had the mocks and secret sauce from Schweser. Didn’t use the secret sauce at all because the 11th hour us way better. Took a couple of practice tests from schweser as well but having taken the exam now I can say that Elan’s mock exams are closer to the CFAI questions. I would say go with a prep provider if you can afford it and do not have enough time to go through the curriculum. If you choose to use the curriculum, then get the 11th hour and Elan’s mocks at the end. A couple of pieces of advice: Learn the formulas and practise as you go. Save 3-4 weeks at the end for review. 548686 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am wondering what method worked for you guys? If > you were using a prep provider how helpful did you > find it. and why? > > In hindsight how would you approach level1, would > you read more? from CFAI materials or from a prep > provider? or would you read less and focus more on > doing practice questions and sample exams?