Mock exam

I took CFA mock exam this weekend and scored 70-75% in both AM and PM session. I feel I’m on the edge and can be on either side of the result. To build my confidence, I’m planning to take Schweser live mock exam and elan mock exam and keep on reviewing all the exams and notes before Final day M I going in right direction? Any comments/suggestions?

In kind of the same boat as you…rolled through all 6 Schewser Mocks and averaged 81%, but I hear the CFAI mocks are a bit harder, so 70-75% is a good range. I’m sure gulfcfa will comment, but I think you’re in good shape…just figure out where you were under 70% and review those topics…I bet you’ll be pretty strong on the Elan mocks.

where you took the CFAI mock? i went to their website and did not find it?

It is on CFAI website. login and go to My CFA, follow the link.

got it, thanks! am so stupid

good scores…now take it a couple more times, do sample exams, take the mock & change around the numbers and see if you can solve them

Anything above a 70 is a great score with more than a month to go. Pat yourself on the back, drink a beer, and take a night off from studying.

you guys made me feel good. but I dint score that well on sample exams and Schweser Practice exam, so I’m little worried. Lets keep the momentum going. Anyone taking Schweser Live mock exam in houston?

How many passes through the material did you have before completing your first mock? I’ve only gone through Elan plus all CFAI EOC questions once. Just now starting on 11th hour so I’m not sure if I’m prepared for a mock.

I’m in the same position as you are leveragedconan-- done with the Elan books and looking at the EOCs as I finished each subject. I have been debating between 1) going back through the Elan books to review the highlights/notes I made and 2) reading the 11th Hour. I am currently leaning towards going through the books this week then taking a mock over the weekend. Next week I plan to go through the 11th Hour, and take another mock over the weekend. After that I plan on more subject focused review/practice problems between mocks at a quicker pace (more than 1/week). Is this sort of review time (taking 2 weeks to cover all subjects twice) beneficial or should I forgo such review and start practice problems/mocks now (reviewing topics as needed)? To the original poster-- if you’re at 75% now (and you can put in more time between now and the exam), I think you’re money. -B

I went thru schweser notes and EOC. Every now and then I go back to my notes when I forgot something. I’m starting secret sauce today. leveragedconan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many passes through the material did you have > before completing your first mock? I’ve only gone > through Elan plus all CFAI EOC questions once. > Just now starting on 11th hour so I’m not sure if > I’m prepared for a mock.

I doubt any one will ever feel fully prepared. If one has had one solid reading of understanding the stuff and then one quick revision of everything (either thru a prep provider or practice questions), one should go ahead and take a mock, in my opinion. I would like to keep last 2-3 weeks mock free to attempt the actual with enthusiasm!

leveragedconan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many passes through the material did you have > before completing your first mock? I’ve only gone > through Elan plus all CFAI EOC questions once. > Just now starting on 11th hour so I’m not sure if > I’m prepared for a mock. I finished all the Elan material and EOC questions 2 weeks ago, and have been cramming hard on stalla’s passmaster preceded by the 11th hour. I may not do all of the Stalla questions (there’s probably over 2k) because there’s some redundancy, plus I have all the Elan questions as well…

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > I finished all the Elan material and EOC questions > 2 weeks ago, and have been cramming hard on > stalla’s passmaster preceded by the 11th hour. I > may not do all of the Stalla questions (there’s > probably over 2k) because there’s some redundancy, > plus I have all the Elan questions as well… Once you finish Elan and CFAI questions, does Stalla have something additional to offer? Is it worth the time and money?

Did you get both the Elan and Stalla, or just the Stalla Passmaster? I have Elan and planning to get Stalla also, mainly for PO lectures and Passmaster. Any idea on how Stalla’s Mock exams are? Thanks. SJ

anish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spreads Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > > I finished all the Elan material and EOC > questions > > 2 weeks ago, and have been cramming hard on > > stalla’s passmaster preceded by the 11th hour. > I > > may not do all of the Stalla questions (there’s > > probably over 2k) because there’s some > redundancy, > > plus I have all the Elan questions as well… > > > Once you finish Elan and CFAI questions, does > Stalla have something additional to offer? Is it > worth the time and money? I don’t know what the price comparison is for Stalla vs Elan vs Scheweser - just for practice questions. For someone that hasn’t used any practice questions I think that passmaster software is decent for $350, in a way I enjoy the redundancy because it really drills the questions into your head. But now with 200+ ethics questions on the standards I’m starting to feel I should skip some of them to move on to the next subject (then come back to them later in May). My only complaint is occasionally I’ll find basic spelling or grammar mistakes, but the sheer volume of questions is nice and the software is definitely better-structured, as opposed to Elan’s PDF files. So I guess if you’re looking for extra questions, it’s not bad…let me email the guy I got this from, maybe he’ll offer a better discount than the $350 price on the website.

stockjaguar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did you get both the Elan and Stalla, or just the > Stalla Passmaster? > > I have Elan and planning to get Stalla also, > mainly for PO lectures and Passmaster. > > Any idea on how Stalla’s Mock exams are? Thanks. > > SJ I won the Stalla software via the local CFA society, and I’m waiting to hear back from the guy who won the exams so that we can do a swap. If that happens, I’ll let you know how their mocks compare.

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know what the price comparison is for > Stalla vs Elan vs Scheweser - just for practice > questions. For someone that hasn’t used any > practice questions I think that passmaster > software is decent for $350, in a way I enjoy the > redundancy because it really drills the questions > into your head. But now with 200+ ethics > questions on the standards I’m starting to feel I > should skip some of them to move on to the next > subject (then come back to them later in May). > > My only complaint is occasionally I’ll find basic > spelling or grammar mistakes, but the sheer volume > of questions is nice and the software is > definitely better-structured, as opposed to Elan’s > PDF files. So I guess if you’re looking for extra > questions, it’s not bad…let me email the guy I > got this from, maybe he’ll offer a better discount > than the $350 price on the website. Thanks! I took a mock today and did fine on it so I am thinking that I will invest more money in L1 only if the questions make you think, present concepts in a different manner etc… Hence wondering whether I should just revise (especially Ethics since 30% of my mistakes were in that section!) or get new material… I do need to go through all EOC questions once since I did them immediately after reading the chapters… don’t remember much now… June 5 just couldn’t come sooner!

I hear you on June 5th, I think that’s the problem when you start so far in advance (I began in Sept)…I just noticed Elan doesn’t have any Ethic questions, brutal.

Here’s the email response I got: ___, Glad to see you’re getting the use and value of our PassMaster, we don’t normally have any [sic] discounts on our ancillary products, but if there were 3 or more people interested in buying the passmaster I could take $50 off so instead of $350 they would get it for $300. Disclaimer: I have no affliation with this company, this is just the contact I had via the Stalla software. If you and two others are interested I’ll just pass your contact emails to him.