Scantron

Anyone else feel extremely nervous about the scantron marking system? I’m fairly confident I did well, however the entire grading and reporting process makes me nervous and I wont be comfortable until I receive the results. I spent so much time trying to fill in those ovals perfectly and erasing mistakes entirely however I still feel helpless to some sort of human or mechanical error.

I was messing around and running most calculations twice and ran out of time on the Morning exam. Left 10 blank at the end although I did the problems and probably got em right. Anyways, ready for December just in case.

I’ve heard those machines are really sophisticated. They can tell when you’ve erased an answer, no matter how well you think you’ve gotten rid of it, but they recognize that it has been erased, which is the important thing. They must be able to detect which mark is stronger, and go based on that.

this is definitely my worry too but i am just being paranoid i know. also it is not totally unlikely that i am conspiring beside myself just in case i flunk (very remote scenario) to have a ready excuse (always a good idea)…

I was worried about that also as during afternoon while waiting to hand in the afternoon exam as finished after the 2:30 hour mark I checked over and noticed had not bubbled in the numbers for my ID and also had somehow had missed a bubble for my name. Worried had done something stupid like that for morning.

They do one thing for sure. They take I think 100 exams (old or new) and they grade them by hand, then they check their machines to see if they produce any errors on those same exams. Their machines also check for anomolies and unusual markings, and then they check those odd sheets by hand. That’s why it takes them a long time to grade these tests.

I made my mark bigger than oval ( but do not invade other choices ) Would my answers be recognized and graded ???

Stop worrying. You’re pursuing a designation which may lead to the opportunity to manage portfolios, and the idea of bubbling in scantron sheets is sending you into panic. Breathe.

thanks for advice

evolsteevol Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stop worrying. > > You’re pursuing a designation which may lead to > the opportunity to manage portfolios, and the idea > of bubbling in scantron sheets is sending you into > panic. > > Breathe. right on. calm down people. CFAI is pretty good about grading and has a ton of safeguards in place

Nevermind.

Relax guys, I’m sure CFA Institute takes great care in grading papers…no need to worry :slight_smile: