Elan Site Down!

Elan users, Have you noticed that the site is down. I think this is pretty ridiculous considering that so much of the material they offer is exclusively on their website. Anyone have any luck contacting the company?

I think Elan is very new in this business, i used their eleven-hours and 3-mocks for June exam, it is excellent, i really think so. But, if you are smaller company, no additional stuff, maybe won’t have enough support for website, and real people to pick up the phone etc. I never reached or talked with anybody with Elan, even i called couple of times, then i only emailed them and get answers usually within 24 hours. After i started to realize they get good study matieral, i didn’t care so much about their customer services so much and just wait their next day email feedback, becuz i have much more pressure from my study and i don’t want more additional worry. Overall, Elan does a good job.

Used them for 6 months to study for the Dec exam and they were excellent all around. Great response time from customer service and the material really speaks for itself. I used the online version and never encountered such problems with the website. Just try emailing them.

From www.elanguides.com "Welcome to Elan Guides. Our website is currently undergoing some important maintenance and upgrading work. We should be back online latest by Saturday, June 11, 2011, 9 AM EST. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any queries, feel free to email us at info@elanguides.com. We promise a response within a few hours. Have a nice day! " Used them exclusively for Dec as well and was very satisfied. Never had problems with the website. It’s possible that since the June exam just happened they are updating it. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if it’s back up when they say it should be.

does anyone know whether Elan will be rolling out a Level 2 study package. I have used them for preparing with L1 and am overall content with their quality…

Some of Elan’s stuff has some major errors in the last edition. Make sure you check the errata.

Yeah, The material is good, but horrible customer service …or lack of one… Materials never on time Phone and chat is a joke Never replies back on time to emails I am now so frustrated with them that even having good material is not making me to go to them again… If they continue this kind of service, they will not last. If you are doing business in U.S, you need to have your ducks in a row here, not somewhere else… Website is crap…When I sign in, it says incorrect login and when I refresh the page to go to my account, it works though it says so, and many other issues… Totally disorganized, one man act I think. But I like their material - notes are succinct and problems are great, though sometimes not fully covered ( I found this for Portfolio Management - CFA text is great for understanding the topic well, after going through Elan).

LOL! You Elan bashers should try Schweser. Only then will you know how much better it is.

Cinderella Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL! > > You Elan bashers should try Schweser. Only then > will you know how much better it is. Cinderella, Don’t get be wrong. I like all their materials - I use all of them and it has helped me a lot. But, the other part (customer service) is some times frustrating. Also, I do agree that usually they do respond fast…I just want them to be better and succeed…Sorry I didn’t mean to bash them at all…

It’s amazing how finicky people are here. Some people complaining about Schweser and others about Elan. I used Schweser two years ago and thought their materials were excellent and saved me a bunch of time. I was lucky enough to be blessed with twins a month before the exam and I didn’t get any time off work either so with no time to review I failed the test. I am registered to take it again this December and went with Elan because of the glowing reviews I heard from friends and the 40% retaker discount and I have been using them for three months now and I am hugely satisfied. They are also excellent like schweser and I am sure stalla is too. They respond to my emails within one or two days (sometimes even earlier) and that’s quite acceptable to me.

Also it doesn’t matter which books you study from. Schweser has errata, Elan has errata and the CFA books and CFA mocks have errata. Whatever materials one uses one should ALWAYS stay updated regarding the errata.