2 calculators allowed?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if we’re allowed to bring TWO calculators on the exam? This may sounds weird, but I’m used to using a BAII+ Pro for my Bond/CF functions along with a regular calculator that I find easier to use for long equations that require multiple parentheses and chains of operations. The BAII + Pro gets a little confusing in this sense…

Thanks a lot.

You cannot bring any calculator other than a BAII or 12c into the exam. From the CFA Institute’s web site: “Possession or use of an unauthorized calculator at the test center will result in the voiding of your exam results and may lead to the suspension or termination of your candidacy in the CFA Program.” http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/governance/policies/Pages/calculator_policy.aspx

^Agreed, must be one of those two authorized calculators, although, you CAN bring two authorized calculators, such as two BA II+'s in case the batteries die or one of each, or anything like that.

I’ve seen a person bring 2 calculators with backup batteries for both. Although that’s not nearly as bad as “the sink story” lol

I brought two calculators to my first exam as well ear plugs and my passport and exam ticket…only to realize I completely forgot pencils.

If that helps, you are allowed to bring the keystrokes paper that came with your TI BAII+ Pro calculator… I also find it a lot easier to use a normal calculator that shows you parentheses and everything, but I avoid working with this calculator when working on CFA questions. You have a month to practice, so take your time and don’t rely on your other calculator for the problems. You can do problems that require multiple operations step by step, by breaking them down to smaller parts and writing the results down - in case you have to go back and rework the whole thing, at least you can easily identify where a miscalculation may be coming from.

You can only bring BAII or 12c into the exam. I think two can be brought but obviously the allowed ones.

Two are fine and I always bring two. A backup can’t hurt. You can also program your calculator, and you won’t be required to clear it.

What’s the sink story?

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/9705153