Tables provided in CFA1 Exam

hi there,

I just wonder what tables are provided in CFA1 exam? do they provide the Normal Distribution Table??

thanks

Hi, From : http://www.cfainstitute.org/utility/faq/Pages/index.aspx In quantitative methods we refer to the z-table, t-table, and F-table. Will these tables be provided during the exam? No. CFA Institute does not provide distribution tables with the exam. If a question requires information from a specific distribution table, that information will be provided with the question, but the tables themselves will not be provided. Similarly, time value of money tables (present value, future value, etc.) are neither needed nor provided. The two approved calculators are capable of performing any required present value and future value calculations.

@Tahi, I got you answer, but a little bit more confuse here, if they just give us the information specific for this question? how can they trap us at whether to use z-statistic or t-statistic and so on?

Trust me, they find a way to challenge you.

They will give you both z & t statistics.

They will probably give you both statistics at different confidence interval too to test you if you are

1. Using the right statistic (which depends on n), and

2. Using the right CI.

I don’t think they will have a question where n=30 (I hope) and I think that is what I remember one of the quant guys saying that on schweser video.

Note that you are expected to know the critical z-values for confidence levels of 68% (1.0), 90% (1.645), 95% (1.96) and 99% (2.58); they won’t give you those values in a question.

That’s great, I feel that this is very important. Is there any list of other such values that we should know for the exam?

That would be too easy… All we know for sure is that it is in the CFA book, somewhere…

And for One Tail Hypothesis…oh no I forgot, was it 90% (1.96) and 95% (2.58) ???

Nope.

A 1-tail at 90% is like a 2-tail at 80%, which is a number (1.28) that you don’t need to know.

A 1-tail at 95% is like a 2-tail at 90%: 1.645.