My Standard Deviation

Anyone else have a problem with consistancy in their sections? I’ve been keeping track of how I do on each 1/2 mock I complete…so far I’m through 4 full mocks and for each section I’ve recieved a 100% once, but also a 25% atleast once in each section and not in any sort of trend. My brain seems to turn random memory pockets of sections on or off for each test…basically I may be the 1st person to get a 100% on the exam, but could have as equal a chance at obtaining the lowest score ever recieved by someone that legitimately took the test…Anyone else rediculously inconsistant with their sections or am I the only one in this position?

theres pretty consistently one section that kills me. ive been averaging around 80/120 but it seems like every time theres like one section with 10 wrong. ive got 100% sections b4 but they def werent the big ones like ethics and accounting. i dont think this has anything to do with me though, they def turn the difficulty up and down on dif sections for dif tests (this was kaplan paractice test and not the mock though, so idk)

Yeah…Idk I’m just baffled as to how random my scored for each section have been…There’s literally no trend or correlation…

its sad to say it but I think alot of the exam will come to luck. Luck as to whether they pick questions that are within reason…some of the stuff i’ve come across - its just brutal in the detail.

If you studied all sections then luck wouldn’t play a role. I am not smart so I had to put in way more hours than most of the candidates for level I. I studied all readings thoroughly so that I don’t have to pray for certain sections to come out.

well said infinity. if you don’t put in enough quality hours, you would have a much better chance at winning the lottery than at passing the exam

if you truly think accounting is your achilles, then devote more time to it. I’ll be the first to admit I struggled with accounting during my tertiary education… its one of those things whereby if you get it, you’ll never lose it. I found that the CFA course skimped on the journal entries and I sorta just drew upon my knowledge of them rather than memorising all these stupid formulas.