Dec Level I feelings

I’ve attended Dec Level I exam, and I’m very nervous about the results. I was scoring around 85% on Qbank, 75% on Schweser mocks and 83 % on CFAI mock. I would like to know how did you feel about the exam? Was it more difficult than mocks? And retakers did you think it was harder than June exam?

This is a very hard one. On other exams (like medical entrance exams) people make question banks on places like quespedia and have some sort of an estimate.

I had roughly the same percentages like yours when I had appeared in CFAI mock and Schweser mock. I did appear in a 3rd mock of Finquiz which was quite hard and I scored 70.2% marks. I had found the exam quite easy as compared to the mocks.

I’m curious as to the what the L1 retakers from June thought as well, as far as difficulty goes. I was scoring about 80% on Schweser mocks and I personally thought that the real exam was much more difficult than the practice ones.

When did you start taking the Schweser mocks? im going to start studying this week, is there any better practice problems that assimilate to the L1 exam?

@VaR_99if you do a search of this site, you’ll find that most people who were scoring 80% on schweser mocks ended up passing. you certainly don’t need to score 80% on CFA to pass. that said, I was scoring in the low 80’s on Schweser mocks and am nervous about january 24th as well!

@hamanda - Schweser mocks seem to focus a bit more on quant based questions, although that is just my opinion. Overall, they are an excellent resource. The CFAI end of chapter questions are very good prep for the exam as well. @lemiman - yeah, I saw that most 80% scorers say they passed the exam in the past, but like you, I am nervous as well. I would not be surprised if I failed, but I just have no idea. It really does come down to how well you guessed/reasoned the ones you didn’t know for sure I think.

i guess I’m not the only one who’s worried about the results. It’s just there were so many questions in the exam that I couldn’t even make an educated guess.

I felt extremely confident leaving the exam, but the longer the wait, the more I second guess myself. I have a nice bottle of wine I’ve been saving for the results; I’ll need the bottle regardless of the result.

I’m drinking no matter the result…Can’t really devote myself to Level II studying until I see the result

I had a couple of dreams recently where I was getting the CFA email that says “PASS”. lol Hope I passed but god who knows.

I thought Dec11 was harder than June11, particularly with regard to time pressure. I finished, but did not have much time to go over the questions I had guessed at. I read the CFAI books twice and did Schweser exams for the Dec retake.

I think I did well on the exam; but since this is my first time appearing in CFA so obviously nervous. I did get just a few questions wrong and few I guessed but I performed better than mocks and practices on which I was scoring around 80%.

Glad I’m not alone with the second guessing feelings!!!..these days are just filled with lots of anxieties/anticipations, worse than the few days before the exam itself, especially when your colleagues at work already know when your results will be realised,

Honestly, I am not so worried yet but I will probably be in the couple of days leading up to the results but right now its just still so far and there is not much I can do about it. Nevertheless, god 8 weeks to get the results to a multiple choice exam sounds just ridiculous to me and I am curious to hear if anyone has heard of an exam that takes this long to give back the results…

CFP It’s the Angoff method which takes time to go through each question and develop the MPS.

Def not alone. I wonder how many people that felt like they failed actually find out they passed. I mean, there’s ‘bombed’ exams when you KNOW you failed, but other than that there has to be plenty of people who guessed enough questions to not really have a good barometer on how they did.

It all boils down to all of us not having any more information than we had when we walked out of the exam, so we’re just stuck waiting to hear and the more we guess, the more we question ourselves. 12 days to go!

June 2011 Band 10 retaker here: When I took the june exam, I felt adequately prepared and left the exam thinking that I certainly guessed on a lot of questions. I remember looking up 12-15 questions I was 50-50 on and got almost all wrong which was pretty deflating. Getting a band 10 made that feeling even worse. That being said I thought I def. failed leaving the June exam. This exam in December I felt more prepared and felt that one section was much easier than the other (as opposed to both being tough in june). I still did a decent amount of educated guessing on the december exam and also found 10-12 questions I should have gotten right that I messed up on. Best of luck to everyone, no point in worrying now. Just try not to think about it.

I took the exam December 2010 and was very close but didn’t pass. Didn’t take it in June so I don’t know how difficult/easy it was. All I can say from my experience is that December 2011’s exam was much harder than the one the year before. I can say this because this year I was much better prepared and did quite well on the mock exams. There was a huge gap between the mock exams’ level and the actual exam’s level. I also agree that I was a bit puzzled when I read some questions as I had never read anything about it… Fingers crossed!