Would getting a 65% on the Level 1 most likely get you the pass?

Just curious, what mark would most likely get you the pass on the Level 1 examination.

CFAI don’t publish minimum pass levels, so nobody can tell you with certainty. It depends on how difficult the exam is.

It is commonly thought that 70% will be enough.

Paul’s got it right…

MPS is decided by the CFAI Board. like Paul said the norm is to believe that 70% will be enough for anyone to pass.

It’s not written in stone anywhere: but 70% is a PASS

If the MPS at set at 65 or less then u will definitely pass…or if your marks are few percent behind then there will be ethics adjustment…Read it in CFA Exam FAQ

MPS is probably around 65-70%

I don’t know what the feedback was in previous years, but loads of people seem to have found it easy. If hypothetically they applied an MPS of 70 and that meant 50% of the candidates passed, wouldn’t they adjust the MPS higher? Worried…

I don’t know what the feedback was in previous years, but loads of people seem to have found it easy. If hypothetically they applied an MPS of 70 and that meant 50% of the candidates passed, wouldn’t they adjust the MPS higher? Worried…

MPS will never be increased. One thing is to have found it easier and one thing is to have gotten a 100% for example. The people in this forum are biased because mostly the people here actually study and work the asses off. Remember there are a whole lot more candidates that dont put in the sufficient hours.

Even in this forum,people who found it easy double posted just like you did, so that needs to be adjusted downwards thereby keeping MPS at legacy level

I would probably agree with you. While, no one knows the exact MPS, quite a few I know have passed but were confident that they did not score 70% on the exam. So, yeah, 70% is the safe benchmark but the MPS may be a bit lower than 70%. IMO, of course.

most likely not

What’dya mean “ethics adjustment”

The chances of you passing are 50%.

If you’re borderline fail but passed ethics they’re going to pass you. This, of course, will come at the expense of the borderline pass candidate who failed it.