Can you register for L2 prior to receiving your L1 exam results?

Is it possible to sign up for the L2 program immediately after taking the L1 exam (and, hence, before you actually receive your L1 exam results)?

Seems like it may be a really big ask if you take the L1 Dec exam, and can’t sign up for the L2 June exam for approx 60 days (= the approx length of time I’ve seen it cited as the Exam Marking Period). That leaves candidates who want to pursue the L2 June exam only 4 months (approx) to prepare. By all accounts, that seems a little tight.

you cant register for next level unless you pass the previous one…

cannot register

You can, I took level 1, decided im going to take level 3 then leave level 2 for last

:slight_smile:

I am thinking of appearing for L3 three times instead of going through L1,2 and 3.

Mixed replies, lol.

Doesn’t matter, I guess. Nothing can stop me from commencing L2 with Schweser or one of the other study guide providers, immediately after the L1 exam.

You can avoid the problem by starting your study earlier with a study provider.

^thats wat i plan on doing…It would suck though if after two months of studying you found out that you bombed LV1

im not gonna start study now… first, few weeks are good to relax and build up stamina for level 2. dont want to start too early and burn out and secondly, need to be sure what books i have to read, would it be level 2 or God forbid level 1 again…

I’ve heard they overlap quite a lot. So I guess you couldn’t go wrong by doing Ethics or FRA until you find out. That’s ~35% of L1 curriculum, and solid background for whatever they throw you at L2.