CFA study package?

Hi just signed up to CFA december exam

I was wondering which Schweser package I should get.

I think the essential package for 600$ is enough no? or the full package fr 1400$ is really essential for level 1?

Thanks in advance for your help

Em

Essential package should be enough. You have the Schweser notes and the Qbank, the two most important in my opinion.

its different for everyone

$600 for just their study guides and qbank? surprise

Dude, i got complete pakage of elan guides, their ultimate prep pack, in that much amount. It inlcuded their study guides, videos, audio books, PQs, 3 mocks and 11th hour guide. And honestly, i think each of their product was excellent. Do check their samples out before making your purchase decision.

Regards,

Same. Elan has a variety of discounts. I got 40% off for being a student and only paid $390! Schweser leaves very little in the way of consumer surplus.

If you do get Schweser, just get the $600 one.

As somebody else on this forum mentioned, there are “unethical” ways to get the qbank and videos for free…

Thank you for all the replies I was recommend Schweser but I will research then better offers.

Thanks again

It was funny. For Level 1, a bunch of people all had the same watermark on their study guides. Interesting thing is those study guides don’t come with water marks :wink:

Totally agree with an-alyst. Elan puts out a lot of samples for free, which is great for those who are confused whether they need supplementary study material or whether they should should stick to just the CFAI books. I have also used Elan and was very happy with them.

Make sure you search for more opinions on this forum and check their samples before you dish out so much money. Elan was excellent overall for me and is MUCH cheaper than Schweser.

What watermark?

Yeah what watermark?

Pirated e-copies usually have the watermarks of their host website from where they were downloaded. Since you’ve have gotten them for free, you ought to tolerate the watermark!

Yep lol

Aaah I see!

I would also suggest having a look at Finquiz and Analystnotes. Extremely cost effective and the beauty is you can try them free of cost and then purchase. I am one of those who vouch for Finquiz all the time :slight_smile: Please dont get me wrong, I am one of their students and have got no other “deals” with them :slight_smile:

Analystnotes for economics was a boon for me, so sad they dont have the notes for Level 3 :frowning:

Don’t know if money is a concern or not I got essential package from Schweser and liked it, thats my two cents.

I like Schweser videos (biased opinion since they are the only one that I have tried). You can watch them during lunch time at work or at the end of the day when you are too tired to read anything.

Are you sure these are original. non-pirated copies?

hey emiliesalter plz tell me one thing…some one tell me that i will get study notes when i register to cfa exam…and that would be enough…??

hi everyone. pls help… i am plaaning june 2013 level 1 exam…but my background is engineering in cs, and i have no such friend intersted in cfa, i have very confused about preparation and study notes…pls help guys… my maill id is pankajnjain@yahoo.com and this same id is on fb…

i want to start prep and i dont have any notes, how should i start?? what notes shuld i buy and from where… plz guys help me…?