Update when you started and how much you are done..

Hello,

I thought it is useful to connect with a peer group with the days dwindling…

Start date/month:

Topics covered;time taken:

Background: Finance/Non-Finance (no more description please, only for ease of viewing)

Thanks,

I’ll start with mine:

Start date/month: End June

Topics covered;time taken: Ethics R1; FRA: SS7 and SS8; Quant: R5 (SS2)

Background: Finance

Look forward to see your updates, moreso as I haven’t progressed very well so far, haven’t been able to put in the real hours.

Seems like I am way behind eveyone else but as I have covered at least 80% of the topics before I am not worried about it.

Started: 3-4 days ago. Covered: R5, R6. Background: Finance.

Here is a checklist I made to track my progress as I complete each CFAI reading, EOC questions, Schweser’s textbook questions, and (all) the Qbank sections for a topic. Don’t know if it will be helpful to any of your strategies, but enjoy :). It lost a bit of the formatting after uploading it but it still looks good I guess.

6/9

all of quants and econ…2/3 of FRA…450+ practice problems

background: UG in Finance

Thank you, that’s useful, I’ve a similar sheet with a calendar, but have hardly been able to stick to the plan.

I am using a combination of things, 7City’s videos and slides, Schweser reading, CFAI EOC and blue boxes and CFAI reading if something is unclear from Schweser.

It will be interesting to see these stats ongoing, may be once a week or fortnight.

Good Luck…

That’s a good progress!! If you don’t mind me asking, how long it economics take for you?

Thanks,

I had done, Ethic, Quant, FRA and 1/5 Econ…and i hope to get Econ out of the way this week. I’ve completed probably 500 questions.

That leaves 2 books left for the next 4 weeks…and then practice questions and review all the way to the exam x

took about 7-8 days. i study 2-3 hours every night after work mon-fri, 5-6 hours on saturday and sunday. this includes reading, watching lectures, and doing the Qbank practice problems at the end of the chapter…i probably overstudy…i could probably put in less time with a more concentrated focus, but it seems to be doing me pretty well so far…havent scored less than 85% on any of my Qbank quizzes…the real test will be when i get to the practice exams, so i’ll have a better indication of how this is working at the end of October/1st week of November

I’d be worried if you aren’t getting high scores on QBank quizes. They tend to be much easier than the actual test – so you are doing good. Be sure to turn off the ‘easy’ questions when you’re trying to get a good guage.

Thanks, when you say Q bank quizzes, what do you refer to?

I usually do the CFAi EOCs, Schweser EOC and 7 City practise problems… DO you think that’s enough?

QBank is provided by Schweser and is a test bank of like 6,000 questions. I never did 7 City and I think anything can be enough, just about how effecient it is. QBank is very useful IMO. I don’t think I can take any CFA test without a test bank of some sort like Qbank after using it for Level 1

Started: Aug 7th

Covered: Just wrapping up Quant

Background: UG in Econ, but no industry experience

Started: early July (can’t remember the exact date)

Covered: Ethics, Quants, wrapping up Econ

Background: Finance

started: mid july

covered: ethichs, quants

background: economics

Started : Mid-July

Covered : Quants

Background : Non-Finance

I see a common trend, most of you all are done or nearly done with quants… some ethics too… moving on to econ…

I’m doing juggling aroung with quants and fra. want to move onto econ after this.

Do you think Ethics is better done at the beginning or end?

I’m not sure of the number of questions on 7City. each reading has numbers varying from 20-50. although I am not sure of the diffuclty when compared to other qbanks. Ill have a look at the schweser one. Thanks for the info.

hi everyone. pls help… i am plaaning june 2013 level 1 exam…but my background is engineering in cs, and i have no such friend intersted in cfa, i have very confused about preparation and study notes…pls help guys… my maill id is pankajnjain@yahoo.com and this same id is on fb… i want to start prep and i dont have any notes, how should i start?? what notes shuld i buy and from where… plz guys help me…

Ethics is better done at the beginning … and the end. Ethics can make or break you. Especially if you are a borderline fail/pass.

Do we want to take a quick check of where we are now?