2nd Mock, still at 50%! More mocks or what?!

Just finished my second mock, and i got the disappointing 50% again… Even though I took 2 days to get through the answers of the first mock in a detailed way referring to schweser notes for each topic…

Dont know what to do now, I am running out of time here… Should I continue doing mocks (i have 10 of them) and grasping as much material as i can not giving a s**t about my score, or should i do something else??

Keep doing mocks, review week points

Try CFA mock to check ur position

I suggest you find out what sections you are weak at and go back to study on those. Otherwise, you may make the same mistakes again and again.

yeah i remember making a seperate set of notes just to identify mistakes/traps i made or fell into when i took practice exams (i only used the ones i could get for free though)…remember the point is to learn the mistakes and NOT fall for the same trick come exam time.

All the best.

I just finished my first CFAI mock and am similarly dissapointed. It produced a summary of what I should focus on reading the material, so that is perhaps what you (I) have to do.

You say you have 10 mocks? From CFAI or somewhere else? I currently have a Schwesser QBank, but not their mock package.

BTW, CFAI are notably more challenging than Scwesser in terms of question structure and build-up.

ishkurti how much u score din mock ?

I completed half hour ago, scored 60% after having worked with Schwesser for about two weeks now. I also read all six volumes. So I anticipate a hard 21 days ahead, and am scared out of my pants, honestly.

I’d recommend you go back to reviewing the sections you are most weak.

I would agree with “keep doing mocks” but given that you only scored 50%, it may be beneficial to just do a bunch of qbank questions in your weak areas and then go back to mocks.

Hi Chouet,

How’s it going? Any updates?

I’m in the same position as you… doing very poorly on the mocks :frowning:

how much in cfa mock

are you guys talking about CFAI mocks or Schweser mocks?

I keep reading that CFAI are much harder. I just did my first schweser mock and got 67.5% in morning and 75% for afternoon. I’m gonna do the other Schweser mocks and hopefully will reach around mid 80% by the end and hopefully that translates to around 70% for CFAI mock

Hi vicky_cool,

I did the CFAI 2010 mock… 59% in the am and 54% in the pm :frowning:

I’m working on the CFAI 2012 June mock exam section by section now, just to make sure it wasn’t exam anxiety causing the low marks. So far it’s going much better, but maybe it’s just a much easier exam :S

Have you done the 2012 June mock?

Hey there am also so stressed out after taking d mock Did one schweser, got 71 pct, then took elan got 45 pct. Y day did cfai morning got only 58 pct. My worse sections were ethics, equity, corpfin. Strongest fra and fi So panic now

CFA MOCK 2010 was toughest- i also got 73%

CFA MOCK 2011 was much easier i got 83%

Do tell ur score in 2012 and its difficulty levels

hey guys, how r u getting the cfa mocks for previous years… any website or can we buy them at least?

I am still working on the schweser mocks that i have, little bit of improvement but not that much.

I am taking lots of time on reading the answers very carefully so i wont do the same mistake…

You need to spend more time learning and understanding the material. Mocks alone will not get your from 50 to 70%