~30% don't even show up to take the exam, right?

40% - pass

30% - fail due to not showing up

30% - take the exam and fail

So most of the people who take the exam pass? Is that due to the curve / ethics adjustment?

About 1/3rd of the people who show up and actually take the exam pass.

From what I understan, the passrate is for those whom actually sit down and take the test.

You have to score 70 on the exam to pass

pass rate % only reflects ppl that showed up.

Yeah, they don’t count the no-shows. Otherwise, that would be too easy.

we need to be in top 35 percentile thats it

Sorry mate, the pass rate (between 36-42% for the last few years) is only for people that take the exam. You don’t need 70% to pass, the CFA don’t release the minimum pass score but they have said that no-one who scored 70% or above has ever failed. Considering the word ‘ever’ and the fact that there must be a variance between the MPS from year to year, I would imagine that you’d be fine in the high 60’s.

Yeah many people say its actually 65%.

angel

Afer months of reading all CFA textbooks and using the Qbank to answer roughly 1400 questions (average mark 67%) , I started the mock exams this week and am absolutely dismayed with my results. Only averaging 50 - 55% over 5 Schweser mock exams. I am in total despair! Fearing Saturday and really disappointed that all this hard work is not culminating in higher marks on the mocks. Ethics is a very tricky area - in the Qbank, my average was 77%, now suddenly in the mocks I cannot even reach more than 55%! Should have started these mock exams MUCH earlier but thought the Qbank was giving an accurate enough assessment. Why are these mocks so darn hard!!??

Well, what I was wondering is how many of those that sit in the exam are actually not prepared at all, but still sit as they already paid for it and there is no refund. Or in other words, I would like to know how many of those that put in the 250+ quality studying hours make it. I would guess this is >50%.

Which makes it look a lot better in the sense that if you do your homework and you do it well, you have a 50%+ chance to pass the exam.

@CFA level 1 give cfa mock exam and check

Sorry CFA Level 1, but writing more mocks is definitely not the answer.

Analyse your performance, check where you went wrong. Whats the fun in going on writing mocks without improving yourself? You might as well study and then hope to improve straight on the final exam.

I used to take atleast 3-4 hours trying to analyse each question on why I was correct and why I was wrong. Believe me in Ethics for example you could be answering correct with the wrong reasoning. You need to correct your reasoning, thats why you take the mocks. So spend time analysing mate.

Good luck folks!