Things to bring at the test center

So, I have been building computers from scratch since the age of 14 but somehow can’t open the BA II to access the battery without breaking the thing.

I can’t imagine trying a battery replacement operation during the actual exam but I happen to have 2 of those calculators. Can anyone tell me with certainty whether I can get the spare one with me?

P.S. Don’t bother telling me just how remote the chance of the battery running out during the exam is. Based on elaborate time series data on my luck during critical situations I can deduce a 99% probability of my BA II actually catching fire in the middle of the session.

yes you can have two calculators with you in the exam, no harm.

2 calculators? you will be shot on sight

You will see some people with 30 pencils, 2 calculators and 5 erasers and a sharpener! Basically u can bring in however much u want (as long as its allowed) but some people are a bit extreme

Can we use mechnical pencils? I’m bring two hb 2 pencils but i dont have a pencil sharpener.

That means that you can break one pencil for every four questions and repurchase new ones during the break… just in case…

devil

even i have got additional calculator to be safe

to get the battery out from the BA 2 Plus you don’t really need to unscrew anything…just find a flat tool, squiggle it under the battery, and lift it :-)…worked for me atleast…but the calculator settings will revert to factory defaults i think.

i’m taking 5 calculator and 100 pencils, just in case anything goes wrong.

I’m living on the edge, 1 calculator no extra battery.

Should I just bring 1 pen without sharpener too? :wink:

The new models of HP and TI dont require a screwdriver. What about beverages? I usually drink a lot of water. Might not be a good strategy since they dont really give you any time to release it - but a small bottle to keep the brain going? What about some snacks (banana/some nuts/dried fruit)?

I was thinking about the battery thing but I think Im just going to buy a second calculator. What are the odds of me dropping my calculator, losing my calculator or for some reason I change my battery during the test and it doesn’t turn on. No thanks, I’d rather spend $35 than have wasted 4 months of my life studying for this test and not being able to take it due to calculator malfunction.

If the batteries are your concern: changem 2-3 days before. So tomorrow!

Yeah, just do this. I’m going to replace my battery today and thus avoid the ‘integrity’ deduction from having 6 batteries on my desk. I’ve heard a rumor the proctors go around and take a way points from anyone that looks like too much of a keener during the exam because they make the CFA looks less cool.

True? I don’t think we can afford to take that chance.

I’ll just be bringing two calculators, 3-4 mechanical pencils and my wrist watch

take points aways its impossible

Does anyone know if the test centers have ‘guest seating’ areas or anything? I am not planning on driving to my test center, so I asked my dad to do it for me. But i was wondering if there was a place for him to sit down and wait…

poor dad :slight_smile:

such a daredevil :stuck_out_tongue: