CFA June 2013

This Left out Day countdown at the top right of the home page makes me go mad everyday i see it!

So how about boasting out our preparations and extra efforts… this will amplify the enthusiasm and keep a daily track on the preparation we do.

So hop in guys…

Agree, stressful countdown!

It is funny reading the posts in preparation for the June exam. They are very, very similar to those for the December exam. But yes, that number will give you anxiety. Don’t look at it.

leave this forum at once…fly you fools.

(Gandalf plummets to the highest peak of the lowest dungeon)

Where is everyone at right now in regards to June exam? I’m midway through Quant, just got back from Vegas so took a couple days off. Now back to the grind…

I recently finished with econ after working through ethics and quant in November. I’ll be solving practice problems over the next two weeks (with a short break for the holiday). Ideally, I’ll have an 80% mastery of ethics, quant, and econ before moving on to the next book, but I’ll switch to FR&A on January 1st, regardless of my where I stand on the previous subjects. I want to maintain a pace of one CFAI textbook per month, with May left open for review.

That countdown clock is unnerving. I feel OK about where I stand in terms of exam preparation, but there is room for improvement on my end. Right now, I average about 15 hours of studying per week. I’ve got a few things to be optimistic about in the new year - 1) No NFL Football = 3 extra hours of study time each week; 2) One of my colleagues and I are meeting for a “Math Night” every Wednesday so that we can collaborate on the more challenging problem work; 3) I’ll burn of a week of PTO after tax season so that I can use a 50-hour prep week to boost my confidence going into the exam.

It’s nice to chat with my fellow Level 1 candidates. I’ve been reassured by several charterholders at my bank that this exam is very beatable, provided that you put in the time. Good luck, everyone!

I am through Quant and halfway through Ethics. I will increase the hours per week as from January on, as November and December are the peak months at work. Plan to start with FRA in January. Still have about 2 weeks of vacation from this year which I will take in Jan/Feb and plan to take another two weeks off in May. Will be interesting to see how life screws up the plans of all of us!

Best of success in studying to everyone!

I skipped ethics, covered quants, half way through eco, and am about to have a baby <3

I expect that’ll pull me back for a while, but am planning to finish all readings befor May comes. All through May I’ll be doing mocks and PQs. Ethics I’ll cover last 10 days in April to ensure better retaintion close to exam.

Pretty much done with Quant (hated it) and about to move on to Economics (my major). Definitely going to have to come back after getting through the material to really nail those formulas down…

You have no idea. Ever watch Teen Mom?

:slight_smile: No. But I have experience to draw on. Would love to hear about yours though

Commercial or pro bono?

Be Careful - I conservatively estimate that I have taken 20 different economics courses in my adult life and it still took me 3 weeks to work through econ (aiming for a high level of retention). I wouldn’t want you to skim through the text and count on most of your undergraduate training coming back to you on exam day.

Finished Ethics & FRA. Currently have 2.5 readings left in Quants. But really don’t know how much I’m retaining! Good luck to everyone!

Not the plan at all. I don’t necessarily trust all my undergrad work either. I am planning 3 weeks on the Econ book from Schweser.

if you did econ related courses at uni…sometimes glancing the summaries at the end of cfai chapters is actually enough :slight_smile:

Not unless you’ve graduated 20 years ago :confused: I’m having difficulty retaining the Macro concepts, although I did Economics undergraduate.

Ya, I graduated 3 years ago. Still going to work through everything, but hopefully it comes together easier then Quant.

I am in the midst of reviewing the Fixed Income and Equity books. I am givng myself until the first week in January to finsh the review, then on to Financial Statement Analyis which I plan on getting done by the end of January. Kind of starting to feel a little stressed already. This is my second go around and I cannot fail again.

Hi ks…have you joined a study group to prepare for the exam? if so, which?