June vs December 2013? Asia CFA?

Hey guys, Ive been mostly a lurker on this site. I registered in January for the June lvl 1 and realized that I am far from being ready for this test. I am about 3/4 finished with Quant due to lack of focus. I did ethics first…

However, I recently found out I got an internship in Shanghai for 1 year and I need to buckle down and get this done. I quit my job and am going to study full time now. 6 hours a day is my goal but realistically probably closer to 4 hours.

My question is, assuming I dont pass in June, how much different is the December one? Can I use the same books? Also, I am aware that I can take it in another country. Anyone have experience with taking the CFA in China/Taiwan/Singapore that is originally from the states? I can speak mandarin although I cannot read/write.

Thank you I know I asked questions inside of questions.

Also, I have a background in Finance at a Cal State for my undergrad which I will finish in about 2 weeks. Some notable classes i’ve taken are financial modeling, portfolio management, real estate finance (mortgage backed securities), and derivatives. I am a B-/C+ student and I would say i retained about 30% of the material I am currently reviewing. Sad I know…

Why would you quit your job for Level I. Are you insane?

Thanks that helps. I quit partly because of my internship coming up in June and partly because the job doesnt help me accomplish any my goals in life. I am financially stable.

So should I put in work to take this level 1 in June? Does anyone have experience taking it in a foreign country? Thanks

Wow… I re-read what I wrote and I was rather harsh. Sorry…

To answer your question. The level I curriculum is the same across June and December for the same calendar year.