2-month study plan with Schweser for Dec-13 L1

Hi,

After finally fininshing my master degree thesis this week I’m trying to figure out what is the best 2-month study plan to take the Dec-13 CFA L1 exam.

I have a decent FRA background as I worked as research analyst for a few years, but will have to cover all the other topics.

I can spend around 3 hours on workdays plus 12-16 hours on the weekends and will be using the Schweser material.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Yes it’s not a big game you can go ahead. You need to finish the syllabus as soon as possible and start practising questions it will help. GOOD LUCK

I also started about this time last year.

Finish your first round of schweser quickly, then take half mock, assess your weakness, reread the notes again, mock again, assess, reread your weak areas. Do the bb and eoc. Esp for big sections. Mock again… Assess… Patch your weak areas. Over and over and over again.

if you can, make yourself a summary when you read alonng. I ended up buying elan 11th hour in oct as i couldnt read my own writings. Summary book is essential in the last week prior to exam. I went everywhere with it.

Few weeks before exam, do several mocks in exam setting (weekend is preferable). Get in a room at 8:30. Do nothing until 9, start mock till 11:45. Stop. Have a break, get ready at 1:30, start pm session at 2, stop at 4:45. I deliberately set 15 mins shorter to practice speed. I did three of exam setting mocks int he last week before exam. It helped me to prepare for the endurance test called CFA exam. I also had 20-30 mins each sction to check my answers.

good luck