55,8% Mock (morning) after 5 months of Curriculum study. Shall I kill myself?

I am absolutely disappointed. First morning session of Elan Mock ended 55% for me.

All areas (apart from PM) are fundamentally weak - between 50 and 60%.

Dont know how to live further.

Still almost 2 months to go. There’ll be a lot of improvement between now and exam date, so keep at it.

2 months man… come on… you can do it…

and 59% for afternoon

disappointing that I have weak FRA despite doing Curriculum and all EOC(

Well dude keep trying,

Read questions slowly and then begin your process to answer.

Hey nzhukov, don’t be disappointed. It’s a good start. You still have got plenty of time for review and practice. BTW I found Elan mocks generally harder and more close to the exam so I’d advise you save them for the last month.

Yesterday I have scored 62% on Schweser Mock (Volume 1, exam 3). I am also very dissapointed because I it was the worst performance on mocks :frowning: I still can not reach 70% :frowning:

You’re doing OK i think, Elan is known for being on the harder side. You learnt the material, now it’s time to learn how to take the test.

Hi nzhukov, You can do it have almost 2 months with you and here you need to read the books again and make sure your concepts are clear. After of doing this again try to solve mocks you will definately score well.

comeon nzhukov , i think it is expected to be liek that the first time. Checkout your wrong answers and just revist the LOS and know the formulas. By reading you prepared urself with the knowledge, now is the time to prepare how to perform at the test. Stay motivated buddy, i dont see any problem there. And for sure % will increase as more mocks u give. I will go for atleast 6 mocks. You have plenty of time.

Come on Nzhukov, it has to be rather like this…it means you are in good fashion to beat 70% anytime between today and 1 month… I think that just doing and redoing the questions will bring you to that level.

I have scored 58% on the first CFAI, that they published on the web, but it took me 2:05 hrs and I skipped questions which I didn’t know ( not marked the answer) and skipped couple of very long calc questions…I think I also need to practice the questions and re-read some topics…

bro… Its a marathon, not a sprint. Still two months left…give more time, more practice questions, 55% means you are in the passing range, a little push, thats all!

No, don’t kill yourself, that’s horrible! Here on AF, we’re much more civil. instead, all you got to do is hacksaw your twig and berries

Hello

What percantage of proficiency can be counted as safe to pass ?

Thanks

Fedka you mean Practice Exam ?

volume 1 , exam 3? Because mock exams are listed by year.

Hi papapapaolo,

Shweser has distributed 2 books, 3 full exam (240Q) in each. I took volume 1 (the first book) and in third exam I scored 62%.

Meanwile I score 75-80% on Qbank questions - so it is a bit confusing for me.

I don’t know which one is considered as benchmark.

I still need to try CFA mocks itself - Hope I score some 70%. That is my target for now. At the end of November I aim for 75% to feel confident on actual exam day.

First book has similar (slightly lower) level as actual exam level. Book 2 has higher level than actual exam level. So, if you are getting 70+ in book one… its a good indicator. And if you get 70+ in book 2 - you are in safe zone.

You have plenty of time. Focus on weak areas and nail FRA

I remember doing the schweser live mock 2 weeks before my level 1 exam and getting 50 something % and still passed comfortably

63.2% for Elan Mock 2 (morning session).

Shall I continue or abandon till June 2014?

Have u got better scores after the first mock you mentioned ? Today I did the first mock and I scored 65% on Schweser Practice Exam 1 (Book 1). I am kind of panic (although I have not revised Economics, AI and Derivatives). The last time I worked on Econ is 5 months ago but still got 60% right (not guessing at all) while forr Derivatives I got all wrong although I did not find it difficult when studying …Maybe because I took some econ topics at college and they still work now :)).

Anyway, the mock points out my weaknesses in some areas and the most important thing is about time management and reading comprehension skills. I reviewed the mock tonight and found out that I made some stupid mistakes and long or seem-to-be-calculated questions are not that hard as I thought. Perhaps your performance that is not good as expected come from these reasons as well?

Btw, as about Qbank questions, I don’t think it is a good benchmark but I do believe that they help me understand concepts better. I had done all FI, CF, PM, and Equity from Qbank and scored more than 80% in these areas for the mock mentioned earlier. My weaknesess are Quant and FRA. I need to revise more :slight_smile: Good luck and keep fighting together ! :slight_smile: