THE WAIT...IS OVER!

Like can 28th January just come already? *sigh*

anyways, wishing you all a great year ahead!

happy new year guys indeed.

i try not to even “notice” the date because everytime i turn around to look at it, it seems like the wait gets longer and longer so i try to occupy my mind with things other than “waiting”

The wait’s killing me, too. Some days I feel good about it, other days I feel horrible. This is no way to enjoy the holidays.

Best wishes for 2014!

I’m the exact same way, my opinion on my performance changes daily and it gets harder and harder to remember specifics. I keep worrying that I filled in a scantron bubble wrong or didn’t erase completely which will screw with my results. We will know for sure in 4 weeks!

same here

This is torture. I try to not let myself feel good about it, because nothing sucks more than receiving bad news when you’re at least partially expecting good things. So it’s just this constant stream of feeling like sh*t.

I know what you guys mean… I feel like as time passes I keep thinking of more questions that I may have messed up on and it makes the wait that much worse. Ahhh 2 more weeks to go

Yep, two more weeks. Waiting for bad news is not fun…

yeah im a little nervous about it as well. but if you really think about it. your pass/fail results are already in with CFAI. they’re already done grading, just waiting for the release date now is all.

Especially the easy ones you’re supposed to nail without even thinking.

I took the exams in '97, '98, and '99. I do not recall being so anxious about the results. At that time, we received the results in the mail, and I can remember many people getting the envelope from AIMR (the old name for CFA Institute: Association for Investment Management and Research) and letting it sit unopened for days. I opened mine immediately: what’s going to change?

Relax. Either you passed, or else you didn’t. You cannot change it. Focus on the things you can influence today and tomorrow.

(Mind you: I speak as someone who passed each exam the first time, so I never experienced the profound disappointment of failing an exam. So: what do I know?)

It’s funny that I am thinking about it every day as the deadline approaches even though I know this will change nothing

S2000,

Wow, you have been around this game for that long? In your opinion, how have the exams evolved in the past 17 years?

those are some wise words there =)

Probably because you were killing your mocks. It’s quite obviuous you were born to be a CFA charterholder : )

The Level I exam isn’t much different, although we had four (or five?) answer choices. The format’s the same as it was then: 120 questions in the AM, 120 in the PM.

The Level II exam is radically different from the one I took. There were no item sets, and half of the exam was essay. I can recall having to write out an income statement and balance sheet on a blank page, for example.

The Level III exam is somewhat different, primarily, I suspect, to make it easier to grade. Whereas now they’ll give you four or five candidate asset allocations and ask you to choose (and justify) one of them, we had to come up with an asset allocation from scratch. (I cannot imagine having to grade 500 exams with 500 different allocations: if the guideline answer has 8% domestic bonds and the candidate has 7%, do they get full credit? Half credit? No credit? Yuck!) There were no templates where you would circle an answer and justify it; everything was written out. And no item sets.

I never took a mock exam (I don’t even recall if any were offered then), and worked maybe one practice exam per level. I studied all on my own, then took a 2-day or 3-day review in mid-May. My Level I review was taught by Carl Schweser himself, and my Level II and Level III reviews were taught by Andy Tempe (Carl’s successor at Schweser).

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Finally, 5 days left! The wait is almost over :wink:

I’ve been trying to distract myself by making cakes and cookies in the evening but it seems not work. I can’t help thinking about next Tuesday. Ahhhh…the wait is killing me !!!