Effects of yield volatility on the values of a putable bond and a callable bond?

How does yield volatility effect values of callable and putable bonds ? Shouldn’t an increase in yield volatility increase the values of both the embedded call and put options and thus increase the value of both bonds ?

"Using Wiley for my CFA journey was by far the best option… I was able to pass on my first attempt.”– Moe E., Canada

These bonds both contain embedded options but the investors position is different.  In the putable bond, the investor essentially has a position equal to a long position in a plain vanilla bond plus a LONG position in the put.  So, the increased value of the put from an increase in volatility increases the value of the investor’s bond+Put portfolio.

In contrast, In the callable bond, the investor’s position is equivalent to a long position in a plain vanilla bond plus a SHORT position in the call.  If the call is exercised, the bond issuer benefits (and since it’s a zero-sum game, the investor loses).  So, while the value of the call increases with higher volatility, it DECREASES the value of the investor’s (bond-call) portfolio.

You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Easy as that..Thanks for the response!