CFA Mock

hi i am currently studying from the schweser notes and have just completed my first reading in last 20 days and

i have started solving the subject based mocks from the scheweser CD, range of my score (2 hr test of 60 questions each)

fra 60%

quant 70%

economics 60%

corporate finance 82 %

ethics 65%

pms 70%

equity 72%

alternative investments 70%

ethics varies from 60 % to 70 % ( have given 3 tests of ethics of 20 questions each)

derivatives and fixed income are still left

i am facing difficulty remembering all the formulas in all subjects

one of my frieds told me if i can pull up the mock test scores above 75 % the cfal level 1 there would be good chances to clear the exam

its difficult to manage with work and am not able to dedicate more than 3 hours a day

can someone help me with a strategy to improve my scores specially in fra(mainly cash flows one lifo reserve problem & deffered tax asset & liabilities chapter), eco(currencies), ethics(answers in few questions correct ans look very similar) and quant(mainly hypothesis) ?

U’r trying, but aim to do better than the present score, and you cant judge your self based on those you’ve done so far, do a complete exam including all subject area, and also the CFAI mock exam to really determine your level of preparation. But u’r already trying, and u can do better.

thankyou :slight_smile:

can anyone share list of formulas of all the subjects of CFA L1 writing and making a list of formulas is a time consuming task,

can anyone please share if some1 has already made a consolidated file ?

Dear HarshSachdev, In my opinion, I think the most important is that you must understand clearly all the subjects at each feild. Don’t try to do the Practice exam too much if you want to improve your final score, it is not useful. Continue your second reading, focus on things that you feel unclear. If you are worry about the formulas, just use the Quicksheet from Kaplan Schweser 2014, i think it is good enough.

Dear HarshSachdev, In my opinion, I think the most important is that you must understand clearly all the subjects at each feild. Don’t try to do the Practice exam too much if you want to improve your final score, it is not useful. Continue your second reading, focus on things that you feel unclear. If you are worry about the formulas, just use the Quicksheet from Kaplan Schweser 2014, i think it is good enough.

If you’re using Schweser, all of the formulas are listed on the last pages of each book.

I watched this video by Arif Irfanullah a day before the exam and it really helped me!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1A32_-eOY

He covers the most important formulas ~ U’ll be able to cover 90% of the numericals with this. Make sure you understand the underlying concepts and mug all the formulas in the video.

thanks for your inputs, really appreciate them, is it necesarry that we have to read curriculum of ethics or only schewezer will also do ?, i have already finished reading schewezer

how many combined mocks should i give befrore the final exam dec 2014 l1 exam , i will be starting a second round of subject based mocks from 1st of November !! will a deadline of 10 th nov be sufficient to finish the subject based mocks ?

i plan to give the all subject mock from 15 th nov

Did someone ever use the Best Attempt website to prepare the CFA level I exam? If yes, is it a reliable website? Your thoughts pls…

best way to pass level 1 with limited studying time is to do as many exams as you can as many times as you can. try at your own risk though