CFA I MOCK EXAM

In relation to CFAI PM mock - does anyone else feel as though they are guessing the answers?/have two potentially correct looking answers?

PM - SO exhausting

Agreed . i got Destroyed in PM. Maybe thats my fault because half way through my brain just crashed and got lazy. need to build up the tolerance though PM is alot harder from what i saw.

yesss i fully agreed I crashed!!! half way through the paper (PM) or even before that …i just wanted it to end…havent marked my answer yet…will het u know how it turns out lol

hopefully the exam is easier…I still have a few weak areas…like probability…but im going to focus on the breath of my knowledge and hpe for the best+ethics

lol i know how you feel. Half way through i just wanted it to end!. but i guess we have to build up the tolerance to it by keep doing it . What your mock score like? mine’s 56%, only due to crashing half way through PM. I skiped Derivatives. Not worth the 5% to jog everything down. i already know Alternative investment so i’ll take my chances on guessing Derivative question from my understand it’s like only 8 questions AM & PM . (Excluding AI). So i don’t think it’s worth it for the 5%. Ethics is really easy. Just think of this When you study Ethics keep in mind your like a noble person who would never do anything wrong. (if that makes sense). Like always follow the rules by the books and if u keep that mentality while doing Ethics questions it will help alot. The only problem on ethics i can see is maybe GIIPS that’s confusing…

hey…just finished my mock…i did the AM CFAI…got 78%…will let u know the marks on the PM as soom as i mark it…i actually threw together a mock today…i used the PM CFAI and the AM Kaplan (book 2…exam 2…PM)…kaplan is way easier to follow…

Yeh i am beginnings to realise that…some questions are just so tight…two answers so close…it just makes me feel deresssed…like I know nothing…hahah

I think our exam approach will help a lot…i mean…at this point it’s impossible to know 100% (or date I say 80% lol…afterall every crack of the syllabus cant come in 240Q)…being able to stay focus …I find thata fter Financial reporting…with those long questions…I quickly burn out…i’m thinking of leaving it for last or something…

Took the AM and PM today, scored 70% and 68%. PM seemed a bit trickier as I got into the FRA section.

69% AM then took another day to review and then took PM and got 70%. I thought PM was way harder especially the FR&A and I didn’t really study derivatives and got all questions wrong on derivatives which tanked my score on PM.

I’m with you on the PM being much more difficult. When that stretch of question after questions about taxes came up I just flagged them and moved on. How can you tell your topic by topic score short of going through each question?

My advise is not to focus too much on doing exams but on focusing more on concepts you don’t understand. I did my first Schweser exam one month ago just after I finished reading and did another one two weeks later to find my weaknesses. Since then I focused on all the stuff I didn’t understand and I also made a lot of flashcards. Did the CFAI Mock yesterday and scored AM 87%, PM 84%.

My point is you don’t need to do as many exams as you can. Your return on studying things you don’t know is way higher than spending too much time on exams. Exams are a good indicator on how your progress is, where your weaknesses are and whether you can handle 6h of concentration. However, in my opinion, the gain of focusing on your weak topics is much higher.

Good luck for all of you!

I agree with maddin91 - the same applied to me as well.

Quick question. Are CFAI mock Exam Harder than the real exam?. Or is that just a Theory?

I seem to be in the minority when it comes to the CFAI mock. Scored 79% and 84% (AM & PM, respectively) Found the PM easier, and made silly mistakes/reading errors, otherwise I could have scored higher. On the other hand, I seem to be stuck around 69-73% on the Kaplan mock exams. Seems backwards compared to what I’ve been reading on these forums.

Just took the CFA Mock Exam AM scored 70% and 74% PM, ethics on that killed me in the morning 50% and some really dumb calculator mistakes got me early morning. As for the afternoon the ethics and the overall exam seemed easier and a lot better to get through. Kaplan mocks I have been getting 70%-75% along par with the CFA Mock, and quizzes its been about 73%-82%. Thinking I just read over the notes I took, flashcards, and then should be good till the exam. Best of luck guys!