CFAI EOCs vs Schweser CCs

Hey

Newbie here (CFA Level 1 Candidate June 2016) almost done with Finc Reporting and Analysis but I’ve been finding the Schweser Concept Checkers and CFAI EOCs to be pretty different from each other. Shouldn’t the Kaplan questions be specifically tailored to replicate the CFAI material? I find the Kaplan questions seem to be more math focused while the CFAI seems to be a bit more conceptual. At first, I started exclusively with the CFAI material and did very well by the time I got to the EOCs. Of course, the CFAI material takes forever to read so once I received my Schweser material I switched over. I find that once I am done reading a Schweser chapter, I now have a hard time with the CFAI EOC questions. Anyone else having a similar experience? Thanks!

This is what I think you should do. Read chapters from Schweser and solve from CFAI’s curriculum. This would help you more than anything, and you’ll gain some confidence.

CFAI text is so much fun to read, but it takes forever. I agree with Rayquazza. For Ethics read CFAI curriculum. Stick to your current strategy.