Re-studying for Level 1 - Questions Only

I plan on doing CFA EOC and Topic Test questions for the next few months to re-study for my exam. I don’t feel it is necessary to re-do all the readings, as I have already done so and still have good knowledge of financial concepts. Also, I will be starting a full time internship in a few days so I won’t have time to read.

Does this sound like a good idea?

If you are using a third party like Schweser, I’d recommend going through the notes at least once. If it were me, I wouldn’t feel comfortable just doing questions for a retake. Congrats on your internship.

I used Schweser when I wrote the exam back in June. I agree…I suppose it would be a good idea to go through them. I probably won’t go through every single page - just the concepts I’m a bit cloudy with. I won’t have time for full-on study because my internship is 40 hours a week (and unpaid).

Thank you :slight_smile:

If you went through the readings and had good knowledge of financial concepts you wouldn’t have failed.

If you got under 50% in any of the big categories, I would definitely read through those sections again and work on mastering them.

Haha that’s a good point. I got <50% on FRA, so of course I’m going to focus more on this topic. I’ve only taken a couple of accounting courses, and I did struggle with this section the first time, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised I did horribly here.

My advice is read the notes again. You never know how much of those notes has left your brain after the exam. In my case, even though I spend a lot of time reading the notes again and again, I still couldn’t remember half of them after one week from the exam date. So, you should do the reading again to make sure you memorize enough of them.