Schweser/Wiley Qbank?

So i have the qbank from schweser, but ive read a lot of people saying that theyre easier as opposed to the real thing. would doing the Wile qbank along with schweser be sufficient for level 1?

I am also wondering for same thing. Many people said on these forum that schweser question bank is very much quantitative and wiley qbank is qualitative that makes concepts clear. Really appreciate if someone share/guide.

Thank you:)

Question banks tend to be a lot more quantitative than the actual exam, for good reason: calculation questions are easy to write, while conceptual questions are a lot more difficult.

Make sure that you you can do the qualitative questions well; that’s 90% of what you’ll see on the exam.

My candidates are constantly telling me how surprised they are at how little they used their calculators on the actual exam.

That makes sense. So, are there any question banks that you recommend in addition to the official CFA Institute questions?

I agree with S2000magician. A firm grasp on the concepts is vital for passing CFA Level 1 exam. yes smiley

Thank you so much S2000magician. I am planning to do all CFA curriculum EOC, blue box questions, and topic test and mock test, followed by video lectures. Does CFA curriculum questions reflect actual difficulties of real exam?

I was told by a few guys who passes level 1 that the CFA EOC questions are the best as compared to the actual thing, Schweser is supposedly easier. Best thing to do is EOC and as many practice exams as possible.

Personally, I am going to do the EOC, Schweser Qbank, and the mock and whatever practice exam is available (schweser has 4 exams I think, CFA site has 1-2 i believe and i think can get practice exams from different sites). they suggested do at least 4 practice exams before the exam.

I just passed level I in December. I would very much say that Q bank from Schweser gives you a good idea of the format of the questions. I found them very useful. In terms of the level of difficulty, I honestly don’t think the exam is harder than the Q bank questions. However, I think the mock exams are really the things you should do, because that gives you the real sense of exam. It’s one story that you practice questions on your time, another story that you actually sit down 3 hours plus another 3 hours. I did about 6 half mock exams (3 hour ones) and 2 full mocks. They tremendously helped me to perform well in my real exam. smiley best luck!

Passed CFA Level 1, first attempt. I found that the topic tests and mock exams from CFAI are very useful. I also bought Wiley question bank and thought that it would be helpful, but the wording, format, and the style of questions from the question bank are not even close to the topic tests and mock exams. I finally decided to work on the topic tests and mock exams repeatedly rather than spending extra time to go through the question bank. Kind of regret having spent quite a bit on the question bank.

Hı guys,

How did you guys get Qbank? Which one is better?

Finquiz is better anyday.Go for it.

Personally have known people with band 10/band 9 to >70 in all subjects after re attempting the exam by practicing finquiz.

shoot a mail to finquiz if you`re a retaker. They will provide a tailor made discounted quote for the bank.

I got it for $ 45 last year (was a band 10 previously).

Best;

Kanu

I wasted 2 weeks doing Qbank, when I jumped on mocks it was like I didn’t studied for the past two weeks. Mocks, EOC, and blue box are the very best