practice exams vs real exam

Hi,

I am going to take CFA level1.

Is Kaplan practice exam as difficult as the real exam?

thanks

I found the real exam much easier than the Schweser mocks

Personally, I would say no. Although many others will swear the real paper is much easier. Obviously it would be unwise to speak about specific areas of the exam and their difficulty seeing as it would represent a CFAI ethics violation but I will say that some questions on the exam seemed completely off the wall at times but I am sure were tucked in the curriculum somewhere.

My suggestion would be if you do not have a finance background, read ALL of the CFAI text AND use Schweser for mocks/ practice questions etc.

In my opinion the questions are about the same difficult, but the I found exam questions to be shorter than Schweser

Just my advice, do those blue boxes and EOC in the curriculum + CFA topic tests + CFa mock exams from previous years first and then if you still have some time to spare then go for a couple of 3rd party providers’ mock exams. I highly doubt that you would have much of the time left after finishing reading the materials to do a lot of mock exams provided that you are going to sit in June exam.

Completely agree with this.

I have a background in tourism/hotel management and marketing with almost zero knowledge in accounting and finance but I still used Schweser for exam preparation. I only looked into the curriculum in the last 3 weeks just to do those EOC questions and see if missed any major concept or not. I personally believe Schweser + EOC from curriculum + topic tests + CFA mocks are more than enough to pass the exam.