Second try.. failed again with band 9

So last June I failed with Band 3… which was very bad & sad! Still I took the challenge and tried for this December and failed again with Band 9.

TopicMarks

Alternative Invest,Corp Finance, & FI >70%

Econ, Equity Invest, Ethical FRA 51%-70%

PM, Quants, Deriv <=50%

Does re tabulation request make any change? I don’t understand just PM,& Quants made me to fail because I scored less than 50%? Please share your opinions.

Keep going! Focus on your weak areas and you will pass in June. Band 3 to band 9 is a huge jump. If you only went from band 3 to say band 5 or 6. I’d say to really think about if the CFA program is for you.

Unfortunately a re tab is very unlikely to be successful :frowning:

I had a band 10 last December and went for Retab without success.

I managed to pass this time with the 40-60-80 analysis of results and focusing in my weaker subjects.

I suggest you check out 300hours.com.

may the force be with you.

Thank you, Iprofit4sure & Kanu for encouragement. But what made me to fail this time? Is it below 50% on PM & Quants?

I read in these posts that people with band 10 fail again with same band so I am thinking not to go ahead anymore with this. I probably don’t know the tricks to triumph this. If L1 is giving so much hard time than it’s not even worth thinking about L2. I read theory as well as focused on practicing the problems too but I guess that attitude was not helpful. Completely lost after the result!

Stop reading the textbook! Start practising! Practise (end-of-chapter practice problems, online tests, mocks) to identify your weaknesses. Re-read the textbook ONLY to review your weaknesses. If you run out of practice problems, redo them. The mantra “practice makes perfect” applies here.

My L1 experience: Scored 58% on my 1st mock. On my 5th mock, I scored 69%.

Good luck!

I suggest you purchase Wiley and finquiz ASAP; and quit schweser.

being a retaker ; you will get special discount.

The improvement from band 3 to band 9 in a few months is significant. Most of my level 1 candidate colleagues only see a one, two, maybe three band change between their exams. The largest jump I ever saw for level 1 was band 6 in Dec to a pass in the following June. It is doable.

You are definitely within striking distance at band 9 and given your previous level of improvement I think there is more evidence to suggest you are capable of passing than not. Now that you know where you need work I suggest you focus on throes areas.

You need to hit quants hard. It is a heavy weight for level one and there is some overlap between quants and portfolio management. It is not surprising you did poorly on both these areas. I would say if you can graduate quants and pm to the 50-70 range and ethics and equity to the 70+ range you are passing in June.

After you have gone through qaunts and PM with a fine tooth comb hit as many mocks as you can. Answer the best you can, do not use a cheat sheet, and time yourself as if it were exam day. Review each question after each mock at your own pace. Make sure you understand and can explain to yourself why one answer is correct AND why the other two answers are incorrect. Being able to eliminate wrong answers on exam day is critical to passing the level 1 exam.

If you encounter a question or concept on a mock that you got wrong or do not understand… write it down on a piece of paper and carry it everywhere you go and review it. Waiting for the bus, standing in line, eating lunch, while taking a $#!+, I don’t care…

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for valuable advise.