Band 9

After receiving my results I have failed with band 9. Here is my score breakdown

Alternative investments 70%<

Corporate Finance 51%-70%

Derivatives >50%

Economics 51%-70%

Equity 51%-70%

Ethics 51%-70%

Financial Reporting >50%

Fixed Income >50%

Portfolio Management 70%<

Quantitative Methods 51%-70%

Band 9

The plan that I am thinking of taking in order to prepare for June 2017 exam is to read all material once and read FRA and FI twice, since I did poorly on those sections and they have heavy weights. (I switched from Kaplan to Wiley to utilize their videos for FRA and FI) This will give me time to finish 1 month early in order to start taking mock exams.

I have noticed that covering material this time goes much faster than the first time I looked at this material. Is this normal? For every quiz I score at least a 70% in order to move to the next chapter. Tomorrow I will finish quant then go to FRA. Would it be worthwhile to read all the books including FRA FI twice? Or should I focus on practice problems? I did notice last time I felt that I learned by applying and doing practice tests more but, reviewing the material is beneficial to. Being so close to passing I want to utilize my time as efficiently as possible in order to crush this test in June!!

Thanks in advance for your opinion and recommendations. smiley

I have noticed that covering material this time goes much faster than the first time I looked at this material. Is this normal? It is only not normal if you go much slower than the first time!

Would it be worthwhile to read all the books including FRA FI twice? Or should I focus on practice problems? Focus on practice problems, mocks, topic tests.

I did notice last time I felt that I learned by applying and doing practice tests more but, reviewing the material is beneficial to[o]. Do practice tests to identify where you are weak at. Review the material only in the sections you are weak at.

Maybe I should not be the one talking here since I haven’t taken Level I yet.

You did really well. It is very obvious, in my opinion , that you had time utilization issue on your first attempt. You scored less that 50% in 45% of the exam (Ethics, FRA, and Fixed Income).

I would say go over the material and FOCUS really hard on these three topics. You were placed in BAND 9 with poor performance in the 45% of the exam, I have no doubt you will do it in JUNE.

Good Luck.

IMO getting >70% in FRA is must to pass level 1. No point in studying smaller topics if you haven’t mastered FRA 20% of the exam…

Thank you everyone who commented so far. I really appreciate the positivity. Tomorrow I start going over FRA. I’m going to take my time and hit FRA followed my FI. Then I might just practicing with problems and taking mock exams. I know you should typically start 1 month before the exam but I feel like this is how I can learn the most material.