Schweser materials only

Hi Everyone, I am studying for Level 1 by reading Schweser books only. I do the EOC problems, and then switch to next topic. I don’t have time to do original CFA curriculum EOCs, and i don’t have time to cover Qbank, maybe will do it in 3 weeks before exam.

Can anyone recommend me a strategy of how to get ready for final exam efficiently? I have just finished Quant today, starting FRA. My strategy is to study the big weighted topics with a high focus and train for small wighted topics in last few weeks, anyways there is random chance that you can pick the right answer while e.g. ticking c) answer.

Hi

Well looking at your time crunch it its advisable to study from Schweser Only at this momemt.However, other than studying it is also quite crucial that you solve as many no of questions and mocks.Do practice end of the chapter questions from the Curriculum , coz the actual CFA exam questions are on the lines of one which you see in the Curriculum.

Hope this helps !!

Thanks, Rahul - another vey helpful response from your end.

My company is looking for bright, motivated people who are exceptionally good at guessing things.

#YouGotThis

You have the right strategy. Don’t be stressed by the 300 hours talk - unless you have zero background in any of the subjects you shouldn’t need anything like this. If you have a math/finance background you can cram a lot, potentially enough to pass, in 25 - 50 hours. Just use Schweser, focus on the high weight topics, and do all the mock exam questions. Good exam technique (timing the exam properly, not spending too long on any one question, making sure you get through all the questions, making sure you don’t miss out a bubble on the answer sheet, stuff like that) will get you a long way.

Don’t neglect the easy marks on ethics.

Schweser prep is really terrific, just use this. QBank may help but it’s not essential. Ignore the CFAI materials completely.

CFA multi-choice answers have only three options. So, if you know only half the correct answers, and guess the rest, that should get you to 67% which is enough to pass.

25-50 hours? Lol

@Black8Mamba23. It took me 25 hours skim reading of the Kaplan Schweser materials to pass Level I, including a single caffeine-infused 15 hour session the day/night before the exam. But I already had a strong background in the subjects (I’m a statistics undergrad, MBA, master’s in financial engineering, Ph.D. candidate, and CAIA charterholder). So, I don’t recommend this approach for everyone. My point is that not everyone needs 300 hours, the OP has the right strategy (IMHO), and even if you can only put in a short period of time to study you should still go for it because, if you know half the answers, it’s enough to pass. Most people will, of course, need significantly more time.

I actually have my “lucky” course books for sale on ebay for $100, in case anyone is interested. Just search for 'Kaplan Schweser Complete CFA Level 1 Course").