Kaplan Schweser Essential Self Study Package VS Wiley Level I CFA Self-Study Course

Hello All,

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I was hoping for some fresh perspectives. I am about to start studying for the Level I exam in December. As such, I am debating between two study materials; Kaplan Schweser Essential Self Study Package and Wiley Level I CFA Self-Study Course. For anyone that has used either recently, your feedback would be much appreciated. Given this is my first exam I want to ensure I am using the most helpful resources possible.

Thanks in advance!

Wiley’s videos were superb. The instructors (Basit Shajani, Darren Degraaf, and especially Peter Olinto) really do a great job. I’ve only used Kaplan for their mock exams, which are really great, but can’t comment on their video package. I did the self-study course with Wiley for L1 and passed >70% all topics.

Thank you for the input!

I just used the Kaplan Schweser written materials which I found to be excellent. I didn’t use any of the CFAI materials. If you are interested, I’m actually selling the course (all books unmarked and in excellent condition) on eBay for $100 (search for “Kaplan Schweser Complete CFA Level 1 Course”).