CFA Level 1 Curriculum vs Schweser

I am planning to appear for my CFA Level 1 for June 18 and will start preparing for it from next month.However, I am confused between the choice of reading materials between CFA Curriculum and Schweser Notes.

Browsing thru different websites and blogs, it has been generally concluded by them is that Curriculum notes are too extensive and time consuming ,but they also give you extra knowledge and insights if seen from learning perspective ,whereas Schweser notes are suitably compiled for passing the exams with the original contents of curriculum explained in brief in Schweser…

So looking at the time (almost more than a year ) available for June 18 exams , can you all please share your views about the type of material I should go for ?

If u want to just pass the L1 exam, read Schwser. But do the CFA End-of-chapter problems.

If u are thirsty for knowledge, read CFA Curriculum.

Thanks for you views @kevinsfl.

Coz one of my college professor who teaches in CFA training institute informed me that Schweser can only be used for clearing your exams but in the long run , when you sit for your interviews after completing all the 3 levels, it becomes difficult for candidates to use the logic and explanation as they have only studied from Schweser which is basically the summarized form of the CFA Curriculum.

I

u can also do a mix of both. Read the CFA curriculum for the topics which u r REALLY interested in (for your career).

I just used the Kaplan Schweser written materials which I found to be excellent. I didn’t use any of the CFAI materials and my advice would be to ignore them completely.

If you are interested, I’m actually selling the course (all books unmarked and in excellent condition) on eBay for $100 (search for “Kaplan Schweser Complete CFA Level 1 Course”).