Taking notes

Hello guys,

When studying for L1, do you guys normally take notes while reading the Schweser Notes? I find it to be very time consuming but was wondering if it’s actually worth it in the long run?

Thank you!

I regretted not doing it for L1 while watching Wiley’s lecture videos. I’ve taken notes religiously for L2 prep and it was very much worth it. If you’re simply reading Schweser’s materials, I don’t know if note taking is as relevant, but if you are watching any of their lecture videos, I would definitely be taking good notes. It’ll make review season much easier in my opinion.

I 100% think taking notes is useful, and isn’t time consuming.

I would write about a line or 2 per LOS so it wasn’t too excessive, but was enough for me to know that I actually got the gist of the material.

It was always nice to have a guide to look back on when you have problems with certain sections, and really makes post mock test revisions effective.

If you are watching some videos or reading from any content (Schweser, Curriculum etc), there is a possibility that we may either miss or forget some important concepts.Noting down some of the key pointers helps to memorize and also identify which pointer belongs to which LOS.I have been doing it for my level 1 preparation and finding it very useful.

All the best !