Something to help ease your mind before the exam.

Someone posted something like this on Level 2 and I thought I’d do something similar for Level 1.

When I first wrote Level 1 I felt like I didn’t know anything. There was just so much content and not enough time. I was burned out and was planning on writing it again because I knew I’d fail.

I ended up passing every single section, although not with the best scores. I somehow passed without ever having read ethics, without getting above a 63% on a mock, never taking the CFAI mock, never doing topic tests, and just feeling unprepared. But the point is that you know a lot more than you think you know and you will do well.

There’s 240 questions so don’t count yourself out if you see a few questions in a row that you don’t know. Just skip it and come back to it. I remember a few times I saw a question, didn’t immediately know it, started to panic, but then moved on. I did a few more questions, looped back around and laughed at myself because I knew the answer because I knew the other 2 choices weren’t it. Or 1 for sure wasn’t it and you have a 50/50 shot which do eventually add up to quite a lot of marks.

The point is if I could pass with a terrible approach, then everyone of you who put the work in will see a congratulations email in a few months.

Good luck to you all Saturday.

Thanks! This is actually really encouraging! I find myself overloaded with information and a slight panic. No turning back at this point but just taking it head on!

Good luck! You guys got this.

Read this a day before the exam, helped me get in the right mind set!