CFAI or Wiley books

Hello

I already have Schweser Notes, and am now debating whether I should get Wiley or CFAI books to complement my study and make sure I really understand the concepts. (I refer to the books only). CFAI: official books, but might be too lengthy. Wiley: seems to be closer to CFAI than Schweser.

What do you think?

I believe if you are just referring to book, having Schweser should be sufficient. Since it will be even more time consuming to be going between the CFAI offical book, Schweser and Wiley. However, Wiley’s videos can be a great addition to help you understand the concepts. Of course, just watching videos wont help much, you still need to read a bit of the books beforehand.

Everybody learns differently, but I almost exclusively used Wiley’s videos to study and passed very comfortably.

When I did use their readings, I thought they were very well done and paired with the videos very well.

All you need + all CFAI EOCs, BBPs, and plenty of mock exams from Wiley, Kaplan, and of course the CFAI.

^^ yup

Schweser notes+CFAI EOC questions+TopicTests+lots of CFAI Mocks= Pass with flying colors.

You will get tired of winning… So much win.

Hi guys,

I am new here. I want to know which one shall i choose for CFA Level 1 exam in june 18, IFT course material and Shweser material? Your response will be highly appreciated.

First, consider doing the December exam. Still time to pull it off and then be able to sit for Level 2 in June. Go with a provider that has high quality videos (I can only vouch for Wiley) which in my opinion is virtually all you need to clear Level 1 (unless you really don’t mind reading thousands of pages).

I would recommend CFAI and Schweser for Studying and If you want to refer to videos than Arif Irfanullah and Mark Meldrum videos are great for referring. As you said, you really want to understand the concept than there is only one way you can do it and it’s by doing lots of Practice. For Practice, I will recommend PrepSmarter, They have huge question database and their adaptive platform helps you a lot in learning and knowing and overcoming your weakness. I am taking CFA level 1 Dec 2017 exam and Using CFAI, Schweser and PrepSmarter for preparation.

For Studying, I would recommend CFAI And Schweser material & for Practice PrepSmarter. If you want to refer to videos than I would advise Arif Irfanullah and Mark Meldrum.