What should be an Ideal strategy one should follow for preparing for CFA level 1 exam?

Hi Guys, So, I am preparing for CFA Level 1 Dec 2017 Exam. I wanted to know is there some strategy that I should follow for better preparation. Right now, I am following a Study plan and trying my best to stick to it. After completing every reading, I practice for that part so that I know which concept I am not clear about and where should I focus more.

In the last month, I will be practicing as much as I can and do practice exams and revision. Is there anything else I should do so my preparation can be improved.

Right now, I am preparing from CFA Institute and Schweser Material. Sometimes, I refer to videos from Arif Irfanullah and I am using PrepSmarter for practicing.

Hi,

My advice is to leave yourself enough time to do practice problems. The curriculum is massive, so you want to have enough time to practice on mock exams.

Also, something simple: it’s important to attend the exam, even if you feel unprepared. Many CFA Level I candidates do not even bother to show up for the exam, which is a huge mistake.

–Keith

Study.

^ And when you’re done studying, do some practice questions.

Reviewing your mistakes, understanding why you made them, and learning from them, is by far the most important thing to do. Assuming you want to move the needle/score on your mock exams, i found this to be crucial in all three levels. Reviewing your wrong answers and learning from all those mistakes might take you longer than the time you actually spent doing the mock, but minute for minute its the most rewarding thing you can do.

I found this very helpful.