Should I start panicking? December 2017

So recently I realized about my problem. Although I went through all Schwester material multiple times I kind of skipped problems for later as I was trying to soak in as much theory as possible. Then I did those concept checkers and have been scoring in the 70-80% range and had similar score in EOC.

Somewhere over the forum people say that actual exam is harder than Schwester concept checkers and EOC. I do not know what to think of it all as I have only about 38 days until the exam. I thought that I was doing OK but now it seems I will be lucky to pass the exam. Should I now stop reading books and really 100% focus on doing problems?

You’re doing fine, no reason to panic. Starting next week I’d dedicate your remaining time till the exam to mock exams from Schweser, Wiley, CFAI, etc.

You’re definitely in a little jam, but not insurmountable. Focus on the large % subjects, do tons of questions, and don’t stop studying. You’re just going to have to suck it up and go late nights, hit as many mocks as possible, and write down your formula sheet many times before exam times. As far as questions go, Level I is largely about being able to get questions done in 90 seconds or less. You want to make sure you’ve seen the exam questions a bunch of times and can rip them off by reflex without having to think too much. Good luck.

Here’s what worked for me, as I was in a similar position for level 1:

First off you should try to do 6 or so practice exams between now and the test, both to practice your timing per question and to see what you need to work on. Take the results of each test seriously - figure out where you’re weak, particularly the larger weighted topics and spend time in between each exam making flash cards and doing practice questions/topic tests. My routine was to take an exam, pick my 2 or 3 worst topics and spend 1-2 days on EACH topic doing review before the next exam. I aimed to get those weak topics to 70% or above on the next practice exam. Repeat this process for each exam on your weakest topics. I spent about 100 hours in my final month doing this sort of review (including all the practice exams.)

You can do it, just make the most of each day and make sure you get enough sleep!

Thanks everyone on your feedback. Based on your comments, it seems that the point is to use all available time to do practice problems. Special thanks to bshap990 for providing good insights given that you were in similar situation.