Level 1 study planner

Hey Guys,

I need study planner for CFA level 1 for june 2018. Further i need advise as by which month or date i should finish 1st reading before to start revise. I start with FRA and it took me nearly 2 months to finish as am full time employee and can only afford 2 or 3 hr’s a day study. But once i finished i don’t remember much of it???

What study service are you using, just the CFAI curriculum? It took me about a month and a half to finish the FRA, using Kaplan, so you are not that far off.

If you are having trouble remembering, you probably aren’t doing enough practice problems - maybe you should look up services that offer online question banks so you can practice as you go along. I would suggest Kaplan Self-Study (but I’m sure others are great) because it offers tons of online questions and also gives you a study calendar to stick to. Without repetition and practice, you’re going to forget a lot of what you read over time.

In terms of finishing all of the readings, I would aim to finish a month and a half, or more before the exam. I’m sure that varies for people. This will give you enough time to take practice exams and see where you are weak, and refine those weak topics.

Hi,

The key is to cover the material in some depth (but not too much) so you can start Practicing problems early enough. I’d recommend at least 2 months to focus on Practice questions. That means you should aim to finish a first-pass of the material by mid-April 2018.

Create your schedule with the end in mind of passing the exam.

Best,

Keith

Thank you guys.

I bought IFT material sometime ago and following routine like watching videos, then review study notes after that i practice problems from Curriculum with Q banks that IFT offer and examples from curriculum. now my question is that CFA can be done without attending regular class right? I am chartered accountant so self study is not an issue. Further IFT study planner is ver basic so i just estimate how long should i take on each topic, like am about to finish Equity section and finished FRA.