CFA practice percentile rank

Does anyone know how accurate is the percentile rank located on your CFAI home page when you log in? My rank so far based on practice tests (without mock) is 71st percentile, which is far better than I expected. Since expected pass rate on the exam is 43% it means a person needs to be at least 57% percentile to pass. Based on my percentile rank it appears that I have a lot of room for error and still pass - this seems unlikely to me (but I would not mind). I know the ranking depends on the number of questions taken (larger sample increases accuracy) but was wondering what people here think about it.

This must have been something they just implemented, because I’ve never heard of that ranking before.

It appears to be quite volatile as my lowest percentile ranking was about 62. My hit rate is around 70% and was considerably more stable.

The percentile is a complete joke. I can refresh the score and with each click, my ranking will change from 70th percentile to 90th percentile and all around that range.

Also, if you can reset the questions and mocks, and take it again, which gives you a positive skew (assuming you do better the 2nd time)… So if others are doing that, it may skew your scores lower.

What is your current average score (hit rate) and percentile ranking?

Right now I am at 71% correct, being 74th percentile according to the application (220 questions in). I did not restart any of the test and did questions w/o help with average time of up to 56 seconds.

Percentile at 89% with the test and practice scores both at 85%.

It seems like you are golden for the following Saturday. Good luck :slight_smile: