Economics

Does anyone have any recommendations for key points to remember or review for Economics? At the moment I’m just completely guessing. I read the schweser notes several weeks ago, but it’s by the far the section that I retained the least amount. I’m getting around 33% in my mocks on this section, so I’m literally not doing any better than pure guesswork. Would love to get that up to 45-50%. Anyone have any ideas for key points to attempt to review and drill in the coming days? The problem I’ve found with Economics is that because it’s quite early on in the exam, it can be quite demoralizing to have around 12 questions that I have no idea about and can really kill my confidence levels…

You may want to consider doing them last then if you feel like guessing is where you’re at right now, that way if you’re running short on time you are not compromising categories you feel you know well. I’m not doing the greatest in it either but from what my friends who have their CFA’s have been telling me, its always one of the toughest because of the lack of straightforward applicable formulas.

Best advice I would say is just do your best to apply the situations to real life experiences because after all thats what economics are. Picture yourself as a consumer or a business owner and ask yourself what you would do in those situations… that and try to eliminate one answer you know for sure will be wrong. Then its 50/50 from there!

I read through the Schweser book for economics three times and it finally sticked. Prior to that though it was my worst performing section, couldn’t get higher than 50s on mocks and practice questions but now I’m consistently doing much better between high 60s to even 90s. Honestly if this is the only area you feel like you need focus on I would say just read the book again. It’s the shortest book and you could realistically read it in a day. Even if you can’t intuitively grasp the concepts at least it will be in your short term memory.

Yeah, I think I’ll do that on Friday. I had planned to read ethics again, but I’m consistently scoring pretty highly in my mocks (got a 100% in Ethics on my last mock) so that’s probably a waste of time. Hopefully if I just read the Schweser book, something will stick. I don’t even expect to get 60% on it, I’d just love to get to a point where I’m adding the slightest value above simple guessing! Even a 45% would be fine by me!