Waiting for CFA 2018 results

Finally one week to go ! Now I am getting excited and nervous to think of it. I thought I did well in the level I and started to prepare level II since last month. If next week the result is a pass, I will sign up for level 2 on June. I know time is too short but will a least have a try. How about you?

I’ve already started Level 2 and made about 25% of material. Level 2 is much harder compared to Level 1. It’s impossible to cover it in 4 months.

FYI, first post… Out of curiosity, how’re people already studying material for Level II when you don’t know about Level I? Personally, that’s a pretty big chunk of change to spend when you’re not certain of the Level I outcome.

Also, for those that did take Level I and passed previously from a December exam, what’re some study tips that can be shared for the quick turnaround time to take Level II and be confident going into the exam?

I’m in the same boat. Cannot focus on Lvl 2 without being sure I passed lvl 1. So results come out next Tuesday?

As someone who took Dec L1 and started studying before results were out for the June L2 exam it’s my opinion that not starting your studies until L1 results are out is more risky/costly than starting before results are out and worst case realizing you started studying for an exam that you won’t be able to take for just another year. If you’re confident in your L1 performance, start studying, my two cents.

Edit: good news is with the exams now on June 23rd, it may not be as important to start studying before exam results. I’d still recommend it, though.

My thoughts exactly… I was planning to start studying Jan 1st, but since the exam is pushed back I will start after the results are out. Same number of days… praying for a good news next week now!

I only started FRA part. I feel it is a bit more, no so much more difficult than level 2. I still believe I can pass level 2 with a short time, provided that I spend all my free time on study. I heard two teachers here they all managed to pass level 2 with 4 month preparation. So being optimistic and motivated is the first step !

My study tips: writing notes is a very efficient way to remember knowledge. I did so when I prepared level I and it helped me a lot. Eventually I got highest mock score in my class. Another thing is one has to be very self disciplined. It is critical as 300 hours study is minimum.

Guys, please remember that Level 2 requires 350 hours not 300.

The focus should be on learning the material, not reaching some largely arbitrary number of hours studying. Whether it takes you 250, 350, or 750 hours is irrelevant.

Agree, but Level 2 material seems to be more difficult to me, and statistics says that on average you need even more time for Level 2

What study materials do all of you prefer for taking all the CFA exams?

I’ve been hearing plenty good reviews about Schweser, but ain’t so sure. Given that some of us are working, is it cheaper or efficient?

I too started L2 studying… I read through all the Schwezer notes and now just doing mocks and qbank… I found L2 concepts to have a lot of overlap with L1 material so going through all the sections was easy… but wow formulas require a lot of retention, when going back to do the qbank.

I am using Wiley for L2 notes, so far, I am very pleased. Schweser was very good for L1 but it is very expensive in my opinion. For the number of hours to study comments it depends a lot on your back knowledge, if you work or not, special situations on your life, method to study, etc… the important thing, in my opinion, is to arrive at test day very prepared to drill the exam

Hope I can fall asleep after I get the results China time 9 pm next Tuesday…In CFA’s email, they mention there will be new format of results which is showed by one blue line. I still want to know how each curriculum is scored…

Use a ruler and measure how far is the blue line against MPS dotted line ))) Actually, they still keep statistics on each individual section but with a blue line )

Thank you! I think I’ll try Wiley for Level 2.

+1. I thought Wiley’s Level 2 videos were amazing, just my two cents.

Count down here : four days

I was just wondering…I read in the previous July 2017 posts that there was a lot of delay in receiving the results by email. Some candidates got their results at 11 or 12 PM EST. However, in July, results are declared for Level 1 and Level 2.

In January, only Level 1 results are declared.

Does this mean that we probably won’t have to suffer any delays? Because of less volume, probably they’d be more efficient in sending out the emails and we can all get ours at 9.00 or 9.01 EST?