Prereqs for Wiley?

Hello folks,

I just started session 1 of the Wiley Platinum course and I’m already confused. As far as I understand, the official CFA guides do not assume any prior knowledge apart from 12th grade math, but session 1 on Wiley has a video dedicated to the differences between US GAAP and IFRS… I suspect this is a mistake on their part, but I wanted to make sure I’m not missing prerequisites for Wiley specifically.

The Mentorship forum on Wiley has two posts asking about this, but none of the questions on there, all of which have been posted quite a while ago, have been answered.

Customer service did not give me the impression that they knew what they were talking about and were unable to help me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Differences between US GAAP and IFRS are a testable material as long as it is mentioned in the LOS. An understanding of the differences between IFRS and US GAAP is not a pre-requisite, they actually tell you the differences in the curriculum.

Understood, thank you. I was confused because they started straight with that in session 1, when we haven’t even seen US GAAP. This was in the same session as the introduction to CFA videos, none of which had anything to do with actual exam content.

You’re welcome, best of luck.