Can't remember anything I read weeks/months ago

I’ve read through all the Schweser topics except Ethics, Alt Investments and Derivatives (will finish these soon). I’ve recently started answering Qbank questions for the topics I’ve already read and am getting <60% scores because I’ve forgotten almost everything I read. While reading the topics before, I understood a majority of the concepts but never made an effort to memorize terms and formulas because I thought it’d be a waste of time (planned to drill these in the last month).

With 1 month and a week left remaining before the exam, should I continue with my strategy to start doing mocks every weekend with Qbanks and reviews on weekdays? Or should I just read through all the topics again (if I even have time to do that)? Any ideas on what my approach should be now?

Somewhat panicking because it feels like all the studying has gone to waste.

Hi!

I am new in the forum (my account was approved few hours ago haha). I am from Argentina.

Reading your problem I thought in the Secret Sauce from Kaplan, which is a summary of important aspects of each unit. Additionally kaplan provide another material like summary. Maybe this could be useful in order to review principal concepts.

I was able to go to Schweser notes from October to March and go back to review everything in April. I am now finishing off my review of Derivatives, Alt investments and Ethics. There seems to be consensus that 1 month prior to the exam, the focus should be on mocks and practice questions. By doing mocks and practice questions you can pinpoint your weaknesses and review what is necessary. I think at this point it is all about practice given that there is only a few weeks left before the exam. I think your strategy is sound, mocks on weekends with thorough review, practice problems during the weekdays and review weaknesses based on mistakes. This is what I will be doing starting this Saturday.

The next month plus is a lot of time. First, can you dedicate more hours to your study?

If yes or no, just keep calm so you can focus – and do practice questions and go back and master what you get wrong.

Everyone feels like they haven’t done enough and don’t have enough time to complete.

Good luck!

There’s only so much information that can be retained from reading alone. If you google a bit you can look at a ranking of how well information is retained vs different learning methods used. You’ll see that reading leads to fairly low information retention compared to other studying techniques like practicing questions or explaining theory to someone else.