Skipping economics

Hi Guys.

Im thinking of just skipping economics because its one month left and im going through questions and some mocks im struggling to read economics and understand it so in this last month should i read it or focus on reviewing everything else

I am of the opinion, that if you choose to skip something, it should not be one of the higher weighted topics. Have you tried Mark Meldrum’s videos? Personally, I minored in Economics and this section is a lot of basic Micro and Macro that can really be done. If you can just go through his videos. It should not take you a long time and he really breaks it down nicely.

Watch some lectures and focus on key points. But I wouldn’t skip since it has a considerable weight.

Like I told my Level 1 students, Econ is the most disliked part of the CFA Level 1 text. Read the Schweser Econ material.

I wouldn’t skip the entire section - there are a couple of easy points here that would not take too much of your time to get down.

While I wouldn’t advise skipping a topic, economics would be a topic that might be ok to skip. You would just need to be strong enough on the remaining topics.

As mentioned already, economics is one of the most disliked topics on the exam. My advice would be that if you have the time, you cover at least the absolute basics–demand and supply, firms, and basic macroeconomics. Some of the economics questions that appear on the exam are likely to be very straightforward. Since the CFAI exam covers so much, they’re likely to make the economics questions very quick to answer if you understand them.

Economics was definitely the section I spent the least time on, it’s got a pretty unforgiving number of pages/exam weight ratio, but I don’t think you should skip it entirely. I ran through it over a couple of days, and then did a good amount of qbank questions. I performed poorly, but I still got around 50% (if I read the results correctly), which is moderately better than just guessing. If you can get a few key concepts under your belt (elasticity of demand, characteristics of markets and market cycles, short/long run equilibrium) you’ll definitely pick up a few points. As others have said, Mark Meldrum does a good job of running through the content.