PCP investigation. PLease help. Its urgent !!

I thought I should reach out to you people because I am going through a PCP investigation for suspected cheating. I have got an email stating that an investigation has been opened against me. I have no idea how to respond to them. If you could please give me your valuable advice, it would be a great help for me. I have never had been pulled up for ethical issues all my life and here the proctors reports are very vague. please help, I am attaching the screenshots of the reports filed by the two proctors. Proctor Reports

Bhai give me ur number wanna discuss with u

I would definitely fight this. You can even point out that one of the proctors didn’t think you were cheating at all. If they don’t have an agreement between themselves, it wouldn’t be fair to punish you on the hearsay of just one of them…

Get a lawyer. The CFAI has deep pockets so you’ll need a high-priced (think $750/hr) lawyer to fight on your behalf.

Have PM’ed you my number

Thank you so much for your encouragement !! They have sent me a mail which says, “In accordance with CFA Institute operating procedures, a post-exam review of the answer sheets for all June 2018 test-takers was undertaken. That review, a statistical analysis, revealed that you did not have an unusually large number of responses identical with those of another candidate. However, said statistical analysis is not dispositive that you did not look at another candidate’s exam.”

And they have asked me to send me any other information that I want to share. Can anyone please suggest me what else I could include as evidence ?

Here are my 2 cents. You can defend your case and fight it. However, what usually happens is that your exam result will be withheld regardless of if you fight this case or not. You might still be allowed to reappear in the exam. One of my friend was in this same situation last year but passed the exam this year. Their exam result was withheld last year because Proctor reported that the candidate kept writing after the exam time was over though the candidate told CFA Institute that they didn’t keep writing after the time was over. In such cases, since there are no cameras installed in the exam centre, the CFA Institute has no choice but to believe the Proctors in all the cases.

Hi Avi,

I just received a mail from CFA regarding the PCP Investigation. As you have faced a similar problem earlier, hence wanted to share this issue with you over a call. Looking forward for your response.