Study

Hi, I’m studying CFA Level 1 with schweser, but there are too many contents to memorize in there.

So, my question is should I memorize all contents? and are there any tips for study?

Rather than memorizing everything, try to understand it. It will serve you much better.

Whatever you decide to ignore, you can be certain that there will be a question on that on the exam. CFA Institute knows.

The key to passing is application of the knowledge through question practice.

Read through the. material and practice as many questions as you can. Seeing more questions= more retention.

I’d say that you’ll be better off in the long run if you try to understand the concepts rather than to memorize them.

The same content will appear on lvl2 and lvl3 but more in depth. Sooner or later you’ll need to understand the concepts.

I’m also using sweser…shweser or whatever it is called. Then I do practice questions in Curriculum, all incorrect questions I go through the curriculum readings. To put things in right way, try to re-read theoretical part or readings containing only theory in curriculum. You will get better understanding.

I’ve noticed that after reading Kaplan’s sweser notes I still need to read curriculum to better understand the material and vice versa, sweser notes helps me with complex formulas.