Tuition Provider

Hi Everyone, Newbie question. So I registered for June 2019 L1. Now I need to select a study provider. I dont want to spend >$1000 on the study provider and hence have zeroed down on 2 options basis all the feedback in this forum. 1st is to go for the Self Study Option from Kaplan without the Video Lessons and Live Tuition. 2nd Option is the Self Study option from Wiley with the video lectures.

Now I need help from the experts to decide which one would be better. Since I will be doing the study on my own, I am more inclined towards whoever has better notes etc but I have not yet been able to decide. Thanks.

I done Kaplan distance learning. I would have struggled without the live online class, gave me enough structure and a good sense check on study pace. Having the 3 hour live online class every week also encouraged me to actually dedicate the time on a week night after work. I would go with the option that gives your more structure and helps you keep on track.

I’m no expert, but I recently signed up for Wiley. I took both their free trials and I liked Wiley because they had short videos and the videos were very straight-forward to understand. I watched a few and in each the professors are writing on a PowerPoint and really guiding everyone along.

I also went to our local library and borrowed an older version of both their books and I found that the Wiley one was a bit more straightforward to understand, at least for me. Kaplan seemed to take the CFA books and just tweak them a bit.

I would suggest you sign up for the free trials as well. It might give you a better sense of which one you like because I was mixed between these 2 as well given the reviews and mentions on the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already signed for the Trial with Wiley but I did not see any Trial Option with Kaplan. Can you please share the link. Thanks.